This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ON BOARD TRIP COMPUTER

OK Just wondering if anyone has any in depth knowledge of the on board computer?

i.e - whats in the menu? and are all computers on each car different?

I think that mine is not right as I only have 3 options?

When I press either the trip button to get into the menu either on the dash or the shortcut using the stereo controls I only get 3 options?

BC1, BC2 & Timer?

BC1 & BC2 do the exact same things, which is nothing apart from giving average mileage, fuel consumption and that nonsense?
    And the timer, well it does what it suggests.

But this seems to be pretty crap?

Anyone have any info or ideas?

Ian

That seems pretty much right.

Generally I think the whole display thing is good - stereo, heating and BC etc. I can see the logic in two BCs - one for the tank and one you can leave to get an overall mpg over much longer distance.

My only complaint would be that I would prefer average mpg on the front screen instead of instant - you can't tell much from instant - it changes so rapid so absolutely no good when driving. Shame you can't change it to individual preferance.

Did you see the comment from the chap about pressing the "settings" button and getting the BC into test mode. Useless for the average driver - but bloody remarkable all the same!!

Comment

Is there anyway to check temperature? I thought I read somewhere that there is but I couldnt find one in the dealer's showroom model. I want a temp indicator so I can tell when to rag the engine when it is warm enough. Also, from new, how many miles should youleave before really opening her up? I heard that ragging cars from new with a sprinkle of respect can actually increase their performance as you are utilising and waking up the parts...

Comment

Press and hold the settings button until you hear a beep.
        Then keep pressing the BC button. You will see some more screens than usual. One of them includes the temp!

"previously posted by IanVXR"

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
          Press and hold the settings button until you hear a beep.
          Then keep pressing the BC button. You will see some more screens than usual. One of them includes the temp!

"previously posted by IanVXR"
          Where is the Settings Button? What does BC stand for and what are all the hidden options... I need to know as I need to dream about when my car comes and all the buttons I can press!

Comment

Originally posted by red1
            That seems pretty much right.

Generally I think the whole display thing is good - stereo, heating and BC etc. I can see the logic in two BCs - one for the tank and one you can leave to get an overall mpg over much longer distance.

My only complaint would be that I would prefer average mpg on the front screen instead of instant - you can't tell much from instant - it changes so rapid so absolutely no good when driving. Shame you can't change it to individual preferance.

Did you see the comment from the chap about pressing the "settings" button and getting the BC into test mode. Useless for the average driver - but bloody remarkable all the same!!

you can get average miles displayed on the screen ????? if you press the bc button then use the scroll wheel on the left hand side select average mpg this will then be displayed under you radio station setting.hope this helps

Comment

well ive just tried this and it dont work on my car! Press the BC button? That just brings up the trip computer screen....

Comment

Yup, i have tried these options also and still on have access to BC1 BC2 & the TIMER?

I'm lost

Comment

if you follow the mans words it works on mine lots & lots screens temp on the last one <this is vaux test screen>.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Dont be on the BC screen whilst you press and hold settings, try doing it whislt on radio or nav screen,

johnny
                    Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Back to the subject of displaying average mpg on the main radio screen (I think the two subjects here have been confused) this does not work on my car either. If you select average mpg in the BC screen it just resets it to --- and does nothing else??

I must admit, getting the test screens didn't come easily to me either, but managed it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by SiFire
                        well ive just tried this and it dont work on my car! Press the BC button? That just brings up the trip computer screen....
                        try again press bc button then use the scroll wheel on the left side of the steering wheel to select either instant/average/stopwatch/trip/total fuel compsumption in gallons.once average is selected if you leave it on that the radio station will come back on and underneath the average mpg should be displayed and will change dependent on how you drive her.me and the girlfriend get btw 34.5 to 35.3 mpg (but thats only when she drives it)

Comment

Ow doo? Managed to follow these instructions (properly) and found my way into the test screen. Which is all good.

I must admit, that Vauxhall, although doing an overall good job on the car, didn't put a lot of thought into the onboard computer!

Its a bit disapointing to be honest!

But oh well I suppose the only way to get exactly what you want is to build a car yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes
                            Originally posted by SiFire
                            try again press bc button then use the scroll wheel on the left side of the steering wheel to select either instant/average/stopwatch/trip/total fuel compsumption in gallons.once average is selected if you leave it on that the radio station will come back on and underneath the average mpg should be displayed and will change dependent on how you drive her.me and the girlfriend get btw 34.5 to 35.3 mpg (but thats only when she drives it)
                            I must be a complete dufus! I can get the test sceen up, and all that, but try as I might I cant get this to work.

Do you need to hold the BC button down while using the wheel thing?

Sorry for being sounding stuuuupid.

Comment

Nah, once you get into the Test Menu - just let go of all buttons.

Then just press the BC botton and this scrolls the menus.

ta

Comment

Working...
                              X