X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 2 and brakes

Hey.

With the extra power of the stage 2 i'm thinking that the brakes will take a battering am I right?

I don't drive fast if i'm honest( ) but I get the feeling that upgraded brakes are needed when your at stage 2?

Any thoughts please?

ps. please bear in mind peeps that your responses will determine whether I actually get a stage 2 done so be gentle!!!!!!!!

stage 2 for almost 6 months with almost 10,000 on the clock, still standard brakes but about to upgrade when the AP arrive, more for my own piece of mind but saying that the standard brakes have done their job well enough and im still here to tell the story, doing a track day at Snetterton on the 26th and that will be the test bu they will handle the job, a cheaper option is to upgrade the brake fluid and look at uprated pads

Comment

Thats definetely answered that one.

Alot of the time it depends on the ability of the driver. I suppose at the end of the day if you boot a standard car everywhere your brakes are gonna feel the pinch!

I think all my deliberations and contemplations are finished.

Time to give the bank manager a call!!!!!

Comment

Im stage two as well but use the car a lot on track, was of the opinion that the brakes and suspension were not to clever in the early days, but on track the original equipment performs faultlessly.

Comment

Contact Courtenay sport and ask about their STD replacement disc's.

they use a BREMBRO blank and have them machined with 16 grooves, when i spoke to then about the set up for my Zafira (before i orderd the VXR) and they recomend the std VXR pads and these disc's.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
            Contact Courtenay sport and ask about their STD replacement disc's.

they use a BREMBRO blank and have them machined with 16 grooves, when i spoke to then about the set up for my Zafira (before i orderd the VXR) and they recomend the std VXR pads and these disc's.
            I had these fitted whilst C/S were doing st2 and do think they do make a diffrence, but just remember that with Grooved/drilled disk's your pads will wear quicker and brake dust will cover the wheels twice as fast as before

Comment

Working...
            X