This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Warranty

So how good is the Vauxhall Warranty? A few Cars I have had the manufacturer has been quick to dismiss problems as fixable under warranty!

So......

1) Who’s had what done under warranty so far?
    2) Who’s had bits missing from their motors? (i.e – B Pillars etc)
    3) What other nice wee secrets have been discovered? (i.e – the windows go down with the key)
    4) If any, what problems are people experiencing?
    5) What do you reckon mine is worth? (if required to trade in) Silver/“06”/2,800miles/Air Con - Climate Control/Met Paint/Half Leather/19” Alloys etc

Cheers

My VXR is less than 2 months old. It has already been back 3 times, with another visit due awaiting parts.

It went back initially because there was a terrible rattle from the exhaust on idling, and the Bluetooth didn’t work properly.

They diagnosed the problem as a faulty back box, for the rattle, and a new cd70 needed for the Bluetooth. No problems garage said, we will ring when parts come in. I waited 2 weeks. Nothing. So I then ring them. 'Oh, yes' they said, 'parts are here, been here for a while. Bring it in.' I wasn’t happy. They clearly were not gonna bother to ring me.

Anyway, I take it in, and specify that it needs to be fixed in a day, as they had no courtesy cars. No problems they said of course it will. 5.30 comes, and nothing. I ring them, and they say ‘sorry, not gonna be ready today.

Grr...

So I have to leave overnight, and they agree to drop it back.

Next day they drop back while im at work. I get home to find that the rattle is still there, the Bluetooth still doesn’t work, and worse, they have taken a massive chunk out of my alloy wheel.

So I have to take it back again. ‘So sorry’ they say. And come up with other reasons that exhaust’s rattling and making noises. ‘We’ve ordered the parts in’ they say,. ‘Should be a couple of weeks’.

I show theM the wheel (and tyre, that has a chunk out of it as well), Opps they say, sorry, we will order a new one for you, let you know when its in...

So, I now have the car with all the original faults, and a horrible looking scrape on the wheel. What’s the betting they wont fix it properly next time...

Ho hum.....

Comment

****, I might cancel my order... Has anyone NOT had any problems? I dont want another 5 years of Vauxhall customer service, I have had to put up with it fo the last 6 years already...

Comment

8 months and 9500 miles now since i took delivery of my VXR last Dec, been back to my dealers now a few times but only for a chat and show them my mods as they are a good bunch, VXR's been trouble free prior to this i had a 54 plate astra H SRi and in 12 months of ownership went back to the dealers once for a cracked fog light and they replaced it without any problems under warrenty.

Comment

I've had 10 new cars, three of them Vauxhall and the Vauxhalls have been by far the best.

The IDS+ went on my VXR within a few days of delivery, which was a bit of a fiasco because the fault was diagnosed wrong, and whilst waiting for parts, ABS and TC etc etc went haywire. The garage had it in and found a wiring loom in the engine bay that wasn't clipped in the right place and it had rubbed on a pulley and gradually cut through the respective wires.

Apart from that the only other thing was the alarm box had to be replaced because the alarm kept going off.

Don't be illusioned that any one manufacturer is better than another if you get a problem though. The thing I have found with my Vauxhalls is that when there is a fault, it's undeniably a fault and in my experience just gets fixed. No niggly intermitants and matters of opinions, if you know what I mean? Touch wood.

Oh, by the way, Police_Driver..... are you really a Police driver?

Comment

Yes afraid so. I must also admit that any problems I had with my Corsa's were fixed, and I got a discount from a service as I argued that I had spent a dis proportionate amount of cash on petrol and upped the mileage to get the problem fixed (it took 4 trips).

Looking forward to the VXR. Going to break her in gently and then open the taps bit by bit after 150 miles...

Comment

Would that be a class one or whatever they call proper traffic cops?

Owning a VXR could be, err, a kind of conflict in interests as it were?

I am a IAM member and have conflict of interest to consider on occassion (I didn't say I ever actually conflicted the interest though, did I). There are no laws on how quickly you reach a speed limit are there?

Comment

as far as I have been led to beleive there is problem across the board with the car understeering?

I must admit, I can notice this and my front tyres have only 2800miles on them and they are already worn on the outsides like you wouldnt beleive!

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by red1
                  Would that be a class one or whatever they call proper traffic cops?

Owning a VXR could be, err, a kind of conflict in interests as it were?

I am a IAM member and have conflict of interest to consider on occassion (I didn't say I ever actually conflicted the interest though, did I). There are no laws on how quickly you reach a speed limit are there?
                  Class 1 e.t.c. ceased to exist a long time ago, it's an out of date term used by over excited receptionists from various motoring organisations.
                  I'm not a traffic cop but drive marked cars, undercover cars, prison vans and minibuses on blues and twos on a response team.

Comment

how do u get the windows to go down with the car keys??

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy
                      how do u get the windows to go down with the car keys??
                      Hold down the unlock button for a couple of seconds, opposite to make them go up

Comment

Wow! Police driver, your my hero!

Comment

Was it a little known fact that on the old ones you could do the same by locking up with a key and holding it in the twisted position?

Getting one - no disrespect to Police_Driver or nothin, but police....hero....where's the logic?

Comment

I dont get it either? Why gettingone?

Comment

I've had 3 cars with Vauxhall now. First was a Vectra back in late nineties, and whilst the car was fine had problems with dealership as the kerbed the passenger side and then denied it. However this was a motability car so couldn't care less at that time.

After that we went to Toyota for a corolla which was good, never had problem with dealership or servicing, and in the end handed it back after 3 years of no problem motoring.

We then got a Corsa as our own from Vauxhall. Was in twice for faults, first was after 1 year and the clutch box assembly had fractured and was making a rather annoying squeak when clutch was depressed. Replaced without any issues and been fine since. The only other part that went wrong was the CD40 it was fitted with. It stopped working after 2 years and 10 months, still got changed under warranty with no quibble.

Had the VXR now for just coming up to a month. No issues so far with car - works great and has done 1900 miles so far.

As mentioned there are issues with all manufacturers but VX do appear to have improved alot over the last few years and hence why I decided to invest in the VXR.

One thing to remind yourselves about is the amount of hassle Jeremy Clarkson has gone through with his wonderful Ford GT, doesn't matter how much you pay you can always hit problems (personally I find it hilarious as his personal taste is right up his **** sometimes).

Comment

Working...
                              X