Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NEW COLOUR ON A VXR I SAW TODAY (CRIES)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A NEW COLOUR ON A VXR I SAW TODAY (CRIES)

I cant BELIEVE IT! Today I saw an Astra VXR on an 06 plate, at the Cobham "Painshill" roundabout at around 1430. (18/08/06). However it was neither Arden Blue, Flame Red, Black nor Silver... It was....

Subaru Pearlescent Blue... It was a real deep blue with a deep ocean tinge to it. Looked the best, the colour really suited it. I double took for ages and could not understand how this colour had been possible? Can anyone shed any light?

It was a not a replica, it was a genuine VXR, I had a good look around it and saw it fly away down the slip road with that "bag of gravel being dragged" sound of acceleration.

That would be a new one to all of us on here mate, see what the mothership has to say but otherwise it must be a complete respray, chase after it and get some pics next time.

Comment

I ummed and agged for ages wondering whether it could be Arden Blue in a certian light, but it could not have been. It was a rainy grim day today and I remember seeing pictures on here of a blue astra. Arden Blue is MUCH lighter. The blue looked exactly the same as you get on those new Subaru's, if a shade lighter. It looked a bit like the blue of the Vectra on the top of this site, the H2 VXL. It cant be Arden can it?

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
        It looked a bit like the blue of the Vectra on the top of this site, the H2 VXL
        that is arden blue

Comment

The arden blue can look deep but that is normally in bright light such as under petrol forecourt lighting.

Comment

You absolutely certain it was a VXR.

They do other Sport Hatch versions (e.g. SRi XP) which have an "Ultra Blue" colour which looks very Subaru-ish and it also has a 2.0 16v Turbo (170PS) engine which may account for the sound

Comment

I knew someone would ask me this, people dont understand I can tell a model from a spec in the distance, or a quarter of the rear light cluster.

It had a central trapezoidal exhaust, 19 inch 5 spoke alloys, boot spoiler, side sills, two black plastic strips on bottom of rear bumper above reflectors, and a VXRbadge

Comment

Apologies... no offence intended....

You seem to be a true VXR connoisseur picking that out from a distance.

Comment

nah , he just a copper :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                    Apologies... no offence intended....

You seem to be a true VXR connoisseur picking that out from a distance.
                    I was held right next to it at the lights. I folded my rear seats down and whooped him.....no, anyway

Does anyone know whether there have been any special colours? If it was Arden then I am so glad as my puppy will look the same...

Comment

yer i saw a darker blue one on autotrader couple of months ago definately not arden blue. looked like it could have been an experimental early version or possibly an import??? sure someone on here nows about this. :wink:

Comment

As far as i'm aware the only colours are the 4 mention'd

Black Sapphire,
                        Star Silver,
                        Arden Blue,
                        Flame Red.

Comment

Working...
                        X