This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here

Just found this site and looks great sound advice coming from everywhere as i can see

Little about me 25 from Rochdale (manc area)

Now waiting to take delivery of my second car...

Had a 55 Flame red with leather, cruise, sat and 19's picked the car up on the 9th of June 2006 it was a Demo with 9k on the clock and paid £17500.00

Here it is out side the dealer ship

Had the car 1 week and 6 days and some Young uninsured asian driver decided to cross the central reservation on a duel carrage way and park on top of my new beloved...

Pics to follow BTW the aint air bags mint..

[img]http://neduk.bulldoghome.com/photos/BDRES/neduk_bulldoghome_com/Astra/Astra****ed.jpg[/img]

Had a mint plate too which i lost MT55 VXR insurance paid me 18900 back for the car so that was a result...

Got a new job in the middle of July for penatgon Vauxhall as a car sales man so I just order my new baby for £18336.00 from stock red with 18's and sat nav again

Lost my leather but aint arsed cause it makes u sweat

Decided I wasnt bothered about the 19's as of cost of tyres over the 18's

And the Crusie ill get fitted later on so Im going down driving my new car up from birmingham on Tuesday on trade plates then ill have it ready for the 1st of sept for the 56 plate

Anyone no of anything i should be looking out for with a new car...

Cheers Ned

PS does anyone no if ill get the chrome under the windows this time,,,,

Welcome to the site Ned.

Pity about your car but at least you were okay?

Yes, 2006 models do have the chrome strip on.

Comment

Yeah everyone was fine except the car ha...

Anyway cant wait for the 1st of sept hopefully make some meets if you guys ever have any

Comment

Originally posted by vxr ned
        Yeah everyone was fine except the car ha...
        Well that's the important thing. Still, not nice seeing your pride and joy like that though.

Originally posted by vxr ned
        Anyway cant wait for the 1st of sept hopefully make some meets if you guys ever have any
        I hope the admin/mods don't mind me saying but most of the Astra VXR owners hang out on www.astra-sri.co.uk

The next big VXR meet is at the BTCC race at Silverstone in October.

More details and pics from Donnington here: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1172

If you're interested you can sign up here: http://www.bo55vxr.co.uk/vxrsilverstone but be quick, there is only 25 spaces left!!

Comment

only jus started my new job and struggling to get time off but will see if i can make it!!

Comment

Cant believe that picture of your front wheel !!! Smashed to bits !!!

Comment

Welcome Ned
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

I no you could get your hand through the rim and grab the brake caliper...

Cheers sheriff

Comment

Re: Newbie Here

[quote="vxr ned"]Anyone no of anything i should be looking out for with a new car...
                  quote]

I reckon you should be on the lookout for uninsured asian drivers!!

Really unlucky there mate, but at least the insurance tipped out - Did your insurance try to get the money out of the other driver? I had heard that there is a fund set up by government/insurers that covered the claims like this - it might save you the loss of your no claims bonus!

AFAIK you will get the chrome too!
                  Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                  Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Yeah its the MIB motor insurnace beuru (how ever u spell it) the car he was driving did have an insurance policy on it so it looks like they might be able to get it off that policy but we will c how i get on anyway

I had protected no claims any how so im good to go on another anyway

Comment

Welcome Ned, shame it had to be with bad and good news. Hope new one is good and you enjoy even more. Good option going for the 18's and the Sat Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                        Welcome Ned, shame it had to be with bad and goo dnews. Hope new on eis good and you enjoy even more. Good option going for the 18's and the Sat Nav
                        Yeah the dash looks unfinsihed without the sat nav and if i had added anything else it would have had to be a 12 week factory order so i can just add the cruise later

does anyone no if u can fit the bluetooth later on

Comment

Working...
                        X