X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Drive

Hi guys

First post, so be gentle!

Finally managed to find a local dealer with a VXR in for me to have a drive of!

Going down there tomorrow to take it out for a spin! Can't wait!

I had a Focus ST on order up until a week ago, i decided to cancel it as I was fed up of waiting and being messed about. Didn't really know what car to go for after that, but went to have a look at a VXR and fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!

Hopefully the driving experience will leave me feeling the same way, then i can get an order in!

Will let you know what I think!

Cheers

Andy

P.S Top site you've got here, full of useful information, and seems like a great community! :wink:

Welcome Drew

Sure you will love the Astra

Glad you like the site
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Hi Drew, you will love it mate, although the Focus is a good car it just doesnt have the same smile factor

Comment

hello welcome you will fall in love, im the big 40 and this car is just class, i never want the journey to end, just keep on driving.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Re: Test Drive

Originally posted by Drew

First time on here welcome, let me translate your post for you though ..

" Going down there tomorrow to order one"

Cos once youv`e driven it you will sign on the line *lol*

Comment

You gonna love it, whereabouts you based?

johnny
            Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

I'm in Essex, just near hornchurch/Romford!

Comment

I'm down in essex most weekends visiting my girlfriend in leigh-on-sea, the a127 a great road the m25 not!
                Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Aye, the A127 is pretty good, until you get to the Southend area, where the camera are!

Comment

Re: Test Drive

Originally posted by Drew
                    Hi guys

First post, so be gentle!

Finally managed to find a local dealer with a VXR in for me to have a drive of!

I had a Focus ST on order up until a week ago, i decided to cancel it as I was fed up of waiting and being messed about. Didn't really know what car to go for after that, but went to have a look at a VXR and fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!

P.S Top site you've got here, full of useful information, and seems like a great community! :wink:
                    Welcome to the site!!!

The VXR is the right choice, but if your worried about waiting then be prepared for a shock... Sounds like the wait at the mo is over 3 months...

Comment

Oh dear!

Looks like I'd have to go second hand or find a dealer with one coming in!

Comment

It`s a bit of a trek, but last time I was at Belmont in Aberdeen they had an Arden Blue on 19`s in the showroom, unregistered, couple of weeks ago ..

Comment

Just got back!

What can I say. Pulled up as it just stopped raining. Every time I see a VXR I get reminded of just how good looking it actually is. Had a good wander round before meeting the salesmen.

Had a good 45mins or so on various roads, and all in all I loved it. IMHO it seems to be much more involving than the ST. Don't get me wrong, i liked the ST, but this was more my cup of tea. reminded me of my Focus RS I used to have.

Definately gonna go for one within the next couple of months, just waiting for the cash to come through. Will probably look for a second hand one and save a bit of money.

So glad I cancelled the ST order now, can't wait to a VXR now!

Cheers

Andy

Comment

An excellent decision and quite right. There is just something so much better about the VXR, just feels right.....

Will keep my fingers crossed for you regarding ordertime and stuff - hopefully you'll be a fully fledged VXR Owner soon....

Comment

Working...
                            X