This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty under 20k where do i stand

i was looking through my paperwork and noticed on network q , 12month warranty or 20,000 miles whichever comes frst my burg is 3years and 2months old 17,800 miles and ive found my manifold to be cracked ,,,, what are my chances of vx fixing it ?

looking at your username has the car been remapped.
    sigpic

Comment

New car warranty used to be 3 years or 60k miles whichever comes first. Do you have a fully stamped service book from the past 3 years? Is your car remapped? If the answer is yes then no then get it booked in you have a very good chance of it getting done if you state your case to VX customer care.
      Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

In a nutshell matey - no chance.

Network q warranty it's out and vx you haven't got hope in hells chance as it's been tuned.
        sigpic
        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

I would assume that given your username that you are tuned, therefore I suspect you will need to fix it at your own cost.

If standard you might find that Vauxhall/dealership will perhaps contribute, heard of this happening a few times even with cars just out of warranty.
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Its seems it is remapped lol. No chance of a warranty claim.

If it was standard and had three vauxhall stamps in the service book you probably would have got it FOC or with a goodwill discount if you stated your case to the right people.
            Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post
              looking at your username has the car been remapped.
              At the end of the day if the car isnt mapped an yes youronly just out of warrenty but the car still has to be fit for purpose.All depends how good the dealer is or how friendly you are with them.

Any tuning work an you have no chance
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                In a nutshell matey - no chance.

Network q warranty it's out and vx you haven't got hope in hells chance as it's been tuned.
                +1 cant believe your actually asking the question even though your tuned lol
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Also with what you posted on your other thread ref the same issue;

Originally posted by anders310bhp View Post
                  ive got bluefin , CDTI kit , courtney top hat and a heavy foot , i may give regal a call cheers
                  Id assumed you had already understood it was pointless looking at a warranty claim.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                    +1 cant believe your actually asking the question even though your tuned lol
                    it has a bluefin unit

Comment

The crack in the manifold is s result of increase EGT temps due to the remap. Very very rare to see a standard one do this
                      sigpic

Comment

it has a bluefin unit
                        Sorted mate take it to tms lol

Their warrenty will cover you after all thats the super tms warrenty they give out.

When was the blufin installed on your car
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                          Also with what you posted on your other thread ref the same issue;

Id assumed you had already understood it was pointless looking at a warranty claim.
                          what about if it was put back to standard as i have kept all parts

Comment

it has a bluefin unit

That's tuned then. The only thing you can do is contact TMS as their warranty may apply. But you have also admitted you abuse it so that mite get rejected. Bluefin is not recognised or approved by Vauxhall
                            sigpic

Comment

what about if it was put back to standard as i have kept all parts
                              Lmao Really ? You have just failed the VXR Unmapped Challenge lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X