Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My VXR - STOLEN; 26th MAY... RECOVERED TODAY; 30th MAY!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My VXR - STOLEN; 26th MAY... RECOVERED TODAY; 30th MAY!!

Hi EVERYONE...

My VXR that was stolen recently (see my other thread) has been found today parked outside someone's house who was kind enough to phone the police!

The car itself as advised by the police has no damage except some heavy damage to the alloys and back tyre has also popped! The number plate has been changed and the road tax taken off.

Can someone also advise me how much it will cost to change the locks on my car as they have the keys to it... Thanks and also thanks to everyone else for the support!

so you have nt been able to drive it yet mate....how many extra miles did they put on it ??

Comment

Originally posted by Skamiiii View Post
      Hi EVERYONE...

My VXR that was stolen recently (see my other thread) has been found today parked outside someone's house who was kind enough to phone the police!

The car itself as advised by the police has no damage except some heavy damage to the alloys and back tyre has also popped! The number plate has been changed and the road tax taken off.

Can someone also advise me how much it will cost to change the locks on my car as they have the keys to it... Thanks and also thanks to everyone else for the support!
      sounds like it's been seriously thrown about I can't advise on prices although some insurance companies usually deal with lock or key fob changes, have you asked yours? Glad its been found tho mate in reasonable condition, make sure you get it checked in for a full heath check. What area was it found in bud?
      Last edited by MattieB29; 30 May 2011, 09:16 PM.
      sigpic
      Rest-In-Peace 'James Tierney' 18.9.1991 - 16.10.2010
      Rest-In-Paradise Angel, 'Kirsty Malin' 5.12.1990 - 21.8.2010
      "Out The Way 4|2 Commando RM Taliban Hunter VXR Coming Through"

Comment

That's great news, you must be well happy ...
        Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

No need to change the locks, just need to get the stolen keys removed via Tech2 and any new keys programmed

Comment

Glad you gor the car back, can not imagine the cost of your insurance now.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
              Glad you gor the car back, can not imagine the cost of your insurance now.
              Dont think he told insurers did he? as he cancelled policy.

But good news its found mate, get down to vx and get the keys removed so they cant have get it back

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                Dont think he told insurers did he? as he cancelled policy.
                Correct, but he still has to declare the car was stolen and not claimed on any new insurance.

Comment

That's right ash, all that's come out off this is hd no longer 10k out of pocket, glad you got it back tho

Take note - maybe declare all points n mods this time

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Would he? Would only be the same as an accident and then paying for it out of your pocket to avoid going through insurance.

Comment

Very glad you got the motor back mate, whereabouts was it found??
                      MONARO VXR #242, Ripshifter, LS7 Clutch + flywheel, Response/Rear End and Performance packs, Wortec Switchable Exhaust and pipes, 3.9:1 Diff

sigpic

Comment

ive been reading about this horrific ordeal you have been through and im over the moon it has been recovered!

Glad to hear its back where it should be now lets hope the police do their part and catch the guys who did it!

SpoonVXR

Comment

Would he? Would only be the same as an accident and then paying for it out of your pocket to avoid going through insurance.
                          Yes, as by the car being stolen you are now a higher risk to the insurance company - plus he did tell the insurance company, police the car was stolen so it will be recorded against him.

Also best to tell the insurance everything, as I am sure the OP does not want to be in the same situation with the insurance company.
                          Last edited by vr55vxr; 30 May 2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

why would he have to say anything, it's like saying I forgot where I parked it ???? And phoned the police for advice

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Superb mate, well glad you got it sorted. I also don't see why he would need to tell the insurance? He never made no claim and therefore did not cost the insurers any money?
                              sigpic
                              Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                              Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Working...
                              X