Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clifford blackjax anti-carjacking?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clifford blackjax anti-carjacking?

    Hiiii ALL!

    My stolen VXR has been recently recovered see my other thread... and am on the hunt for some security gadgets!!

    As per title, I already have a Clifford Avantguard 5.5 Alarm system on my Corsa C with Remote Start and the "BLACKJAX" feature...

    I am planning to install one of those devices to my VXR... JUST THE BLACKJAX system though... Now my question is WILL IT BE COMPATIBLE WITH AN 06 PLATE ASTRA VXR? As in will it work correctly as it should? any dash lights going off? Any interference with cars computer? Even better... Anyone here got it done? etc.. ect...?

    On my Corsa it works like a charm and never had it failed once!

    PLEASE any help would be great as first I thought of a tracker but... they're useless (so I'm told by my cousin who has his private hire fleet) as you can buy those GPS Signal Jammers from ebay/china for £30! Is that true?


    Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Skamiiii; 31 May 2011, 11:24 PM.

  • #2
    Do you mean doors auto locking at a certain speed? i think the anti hijack system just need activating by tech 2. Theres a few members on here that could do it for you. Similar thread here

    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=hijack

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jonny23 View Post
      Do you mean doors auto locking at a certain speed? i think the anti hijack system just need activating by tech 2. Theres a few members on here that could do it for you. Similar thread here

      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=hijack
      Hiya mate. Thanks for the reply.
      I'm actually on about something completely different.

      The BLACKJAX all it does is it requires a password which needs to be entered manually every time the engine is started or if the doors open... and if its not entered then the car shuts down when it gets below 2k RPM and sounds the siren and can only be turned off and engine re-started with the password AND key... essentially letting thieves get away a safe distance from you before cutting out the ignition. The car cant even be started even if they manage to savage up the module....

      Comment


      • #4
        ah right i see.

        that sounds like a good bit of kit so i'll keep my eye on the thread

        Comment


        • #5
          http://www.clifford.co.uk/Products/Accessories.aspx See the 3rd section down...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jonny23 View Post
            ah right i see.

            that sounds like a good bit of kit so i'll keep my eye on the thread
            hehe thanks for trying to help though Yeh do keep an eye... I have it on my Corsa and my dad was stranded 1/4 mile from home when he decided to drop of my little brother to school one morning in my car lmao
            Last edited by Skamiiii; 31 May 2011, 09:56 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Anybody?

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Mate

                Have it fitted to my 56 plate with no issues at all.

                Have had this system on my past couple of cars and I would not be without it.

                If you want any more info then please drop me a PM


                Originally posted by Skamiiii View Post
                Hiiii ALL!

                My stolen VXR has been recently recovered see my other thread... and am on the hunt for some security gadgets!!

                As per title, I already have a Clifford Avantguard 5.5 Alarm system on my Corsa C with Remote Start and the "BLACKJAX" feature...

                I am planning to install one of those devices to my VXR... JUST THE BLACKJAX system though... Now my question is WILL IT BE COMPATIBLE WITH AN 06 PLATE ASTRA VXR? As in will it work correctly as it should? any dash lights going off? Any interference with cars computer? Even better... Anyone here got it done? etc.. ect...?

                On my Corsa it works like a charm and never had it failed once!

                PLEASE any help would be great as first I thought of a tracker but... they're useless (so I'm told by my cousin who has his private hire fleet) as you can by those GPS Signal Jammers from ebay/china for £30! Is that true?


                Thanks in advance!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cs18 View Post
                  Hi Mate

                  Have it fitted to my 56 plate with no issues at all.

                  Have had this system on my past couple of cars and I would not be without it.

                  If you want any more info then please drop me a PM
                  Now I'm over the moon to here that!! Thanks mate!!
                  I was due to go see my local security company for a quote and if good then to install as well on the same day... was booked for last Saturday but the car got stolen on Thursday so I was a little too late!! So if your saying it works fine then I'm defiantly going to get it done asap. Do you have the whole Clifford G5 alarm system too or is is just the BLACKJAX? I want just the blackjax as these ASTRA VXR's already have a cat 1 alarm.

                  Any prices for JUST the Blackjax? or do I have to have the WHOLE G5 wack installed?

                  Once again thanks very much mate.. cant have my little baby getting stolen again!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    you got any picks of your car yet?
                    Remus Cat Back down pipe, Dap Rs. 13.8 on 1/4 mile 259.7 bhp on the rollers STANDARD MAP!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They're all here mate http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...0-My-ARVEN-VXR!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Give my mate a call at enhance and he will have all the answers for you mate.07884433207
                        Tell him tim with the vxr told you to ring.
                        Let me know how you get on.

                        Tim

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by VXR T1m View Post
                          Give my mate a call at enhance and he will have all the answers for you mate.07884433207
                          Tell him tim with the vxr told you to ring.
                          Let me know how you get on.

                          Tim
                          Thanks for the reply mate... I'll give it a ring this evening if not 2moro... I'll keep u posted

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have Blackjax running on its own on my 2006 astra vxr works a treat has been fitted for over a year now with no problems.

                            I was quoted £150 supplied and fitted at a local clifford installer but he thought it would only take a day... 3 days later he still honoured the price though.

                            Im not sure why it took them so long i think they hadnt had much experience with the mk5 being full canbus, people think it cant be done but the wires are there its just knowing where to find them.
                            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
                              I have Blackjax running on its own on my 2006 astra vxr works a treat has been fitted for over a year now with no problems.

                              I was quoted £150 supplied and fitted at a local clifford installer but he thought it would only take a day... 3 days later he still honoured the price though.

                              Im not sure why it took them so long i think they hadnt had much experience with the mk5 being full canbus, people think it cant be done but the wires are there its just knowing where to find them.
                              That's great to know! Where about are you from? My local Clifford dealers said they've done it before but lights go off :S So I'm assuming if they do mine, the way they do it, it will sett off the dash lights...
                              Can you get more information for me? If possible I can come down some time and get it done around the dealers that done yours... and £150 is a really good price!! Thanks for your help bud!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X