This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel vibration on motorway

Noticed the otherday i was getting abit of vibration when driving on the motorway to york.

I only notice it on the motorway and there is no vibration at lower speeds.

Am i right in thinking the wheels just need balanceing?

yep sounds like it mate

corsa arctic edition #257
    now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

I would get the wheel balancing and tracking checked - probably one of the two

Comment

is it a quick job to do tracking and balancing? something i could do on a lunch break sort of thing.

Any idea's how much it costs roughly?

Comment

I've noticed this on my car but only since I've had 2 new tyres put on the front but havent had time to go back and sort it out.

Comment

i only noticed it after my wheels got refurbed. im guessing this could have knocked it out of balance?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny23 View Post
              i only noticed it after my wheels got refurbed. im guessing this could have knocked it out of balance?
              If they have been refurbished, then the balancing is probably out.

Comment

Balancing will be about £15 i would have thought. Thats what i paid a few years ago. Mine was out loads. The guys were amazed i still drove it for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_VX View Post
                  Balancing will be about £15 i would have thought. Thats what i paid a few years ago. Mine was out loads. The guys were amazed i still drove it for so long.
                  ah fairly cheap then

Its fine most of the time, just around 70 when i notice it

Comment

as said it sounds more like balancing , normally balancing is done after the refurb either as part of the refurb price or an optional extra , a tip for you mate is before getting them balanced make sure they got correct coloured weights to match your wheel as i made the mistake before of getting wheels balanced and ended up with shiney metal weights on black gloss wheels and to me looked very odd

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                      as said it sounds more like balancing , normally balancing is done after the refurb either as part of the refurb price or an optional extra , a tip for you mate is before getting them balanced make sure they got correct coloured weights to match your wheel as i made the mistake before of getting wheels balanced and ended up with shiney metal weights on black gloss wheels and to me looked very odd
                      ha that is a good tip

i doubt they balanced them at evans halshaw, took them 2 attempts so get the refurb right, lol. and they didnt offer the service either but i didnt think to ask at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X