X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing noise

Hi guys, noticed with my window open today, that when turning
    my wheel, at below 30mph the car seems to squeek, rub on something. I have no idea wot it is :s ? Also when pulling up whilst turned, and then reversing whilst turning the other way, it 'hums' rather loudly, by no means a
    grind. Kiiiinda like a brake rub at low speed. Struggling to describe it tbh

sounds like the plate behind brakes is rubbing , not sure of the tech term but from how you have discribed it , it does sound similar to what others have had before , if it`s this it`s an easy fix , just means bending the plate a little but before you do this it`s best to wait for someone who`s dome it them selves as they can tell you exactly what to do ,

Comment

Oh right, thanks very much !!! Hope it's just this anyway ! X

Comment

have a look at post number 9 , 11 and 12 on this thread >> http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...e-pads-.-.-.-.

Comment

I can hear a noise at low speeds with the window open tae, it sounds like a SHH SHH SHH noise n gets faster or slower wae the speed lol. is it the same as that? cani find out what it is tho did look at the plate behind the disk but that wasnt rubbing?

Comment

Ye it is kinda like that mate. It also does this immensley loud hum goin from opposite turn to opposite turn and reversing. Not all the time tbf

Comment

(I know I'm bringing up an old thread but saves starting a new one) plus this never got answered...
              I have the exact same problem on my car with the front right wheels but only when driving straight....
              It sounds like I have a puncture..
              I took my wheel off this weekend and gave the wheel a much needed clean..
              It stopped for 2 mins and then once I got down the road it started again...
              Please help with any advise or suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                sounds like the plate behind brakes is rubbing , not sure of the tech term but from how you have discribed it , it does sound similar to what others have had before , if it`s this it`s an easy fix , just means bending the plate a little but before you do this it`s best to wait for someone who`s dome it them selves as they can tell you exactly what to do ,
                +1 had this on many cars, its just a cover at the back of the brake disc u just need to bend it away from the disc slightly.

Comment

Well Iv moved the backing plate before cause that was making a horrible scraping sound...
                  This sounds more of a flat tyre... It's every rotation in the same spot on the wheel.. (howeve u can't hear it at high velocity)
                  I will see if I can take a video..
                  Any1 else experienced or solved this?

Comment

Working...
                  X