This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Buying A Astra Vxr

What few performance mods do you recommend after buying a astra vxr?

Cheers, Ed

Milltek

Comment

where the cheapest place u can get a full system from?

Comment

You should start with DAP-R springs and RARB, then get you're Scorpion, Piper, Miltek or Remus on there!! Then get a CDTi airbox, larger top hat and FMIC. See how you get on with this, if you still want more power, think about one of the big brake kits (AP, K-Sport,Tarox theres another few obvious ones I know but have forgotten). You could add LSD from Quaiffe or Wavetrac, but could always leave this until after the remap to see how you feel about getting the power down. After this you've got the option of remapping at Courtenay Sport, Regal, TMS and MPG. If you cant get to a tuners then Regal and MPG sell EDS IPF, TMS sell a Bluefin and Dreamscience have one as well, these all allow home remapping.

No doubt I've missed loads but others will correct me.

Hope it helps a little
        H
        Last edited by Red Ice VXR; 31 May 2011, 10:52 PM.
        sigpic
        Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
        Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
          DAP-R springs and RARB, then get you're Scorpion, Piper, Miltek or Remus on there!! CDTi airbox, larger top hat, FMIC. See how you get on with this, if you still want more power, think about one of the big brake kits (AP, K-Sport,Tarox theres another few obvious ones I know but have forgotten) also LSD from Quaiffe, Wavetrac. After this you've got the option of remapping at Courtenay Sport, Regal, TMS and MPG. If you cant get to a tuners then Regal and MPG sell EDS handheld remap tools, TMS sell a Bluefin and Dreamscience have one as well, these all allow home remapping.

No doubt I've missed loads but others will correct me.

Hope it helps a little
          H
          Cheers for the info mate, any places that remap in the west midlands area do you no? i guess there's something somewhere lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwardioo View Post
            Cheers for the info mate, any places that remap in the west midlands area do you no? i guess there's something somewhere lol.
            No worries mate, not sure my geography is pants hahaha. Google search them and see what you think yourself. Something tells me MPG will be closest but thats a guess
            sigpic
            Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
            Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

i would say exhaust and remap first, thats your biggest gain, if you still want more then explore the options above to take it to stage 3 or more
              Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
              Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
              Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Heres my list oof mods to get you thinking:

Xenon lights with 6000k bulbs
                LED fog lights

Cruise control
                Super white number plate lights
                Tints
                Sun strip
                Shorter aerial
                Blue SMD conversion
                3 gauge conversion
                Blue interior lights
                Recaro CS Sport seats
                Full leather rear interior
                Sub + Amp
                19" BBS CH alloy wheels
                3" non-resonated Scorpion exhaust
                Verdestine Ultrac Sassanta tyres
                K-Sport 8 pot 356mm brakes with Ferodo DS2500 pads
                ATE Super Blue brake fluid
                DAP lowering springs
                Whiteline RARB
                Colour coded boot strip
                Blue VXR badges
                Be-badged on the back
                Keyless entry
                Bonnet vents
                Corsa indicator surrounds
                LSD
                EDS remap
                Forge re-circ valve
                Courts Intercooler
                Courts CDTI airbox conversion
                K&N panel filter
                Forge header tank
                Battery cover
                Alloy VXR engine bay caps
                Courts enlarged top hat
                Court's brake cooling ducts
                Collins actuator
                Courts blue silicon pipe work
                Alloy MAF sensor pipe
                Vectra air intake
                Arden blue spark plug cover
                Gloss black rocker cover
                Gloss black CDTI box cover
                Gloss black fuse box covers
                Glenn Yale heat shield
                Glenn Yale fuel rail cover
                JCS High torque jubilee clips throughout engine bay
                Smoothed fog light surrounds painted gloss black
                Gloss black lower honeycomb grill
                Gloss black upper honeycomb grill

full thread here:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-so-far-Part-2

Comment

First mod springs and RARB sort out the handling before adding more power.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Cheers 4 the quick replys Edd.

Comment

Green Panel Filter..

Oh look, I can do you a good deal.....
                      Auto Inparts.com
                      exclusive automotive products
                      www.autoinparts.com
                      www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
                      ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

To be honest, no-one has asked you what you want from the car or your budget before replying.

This might be repeating what has been said above, but listed below under each heading are a basic (1), intermediate (2) and advanced (3) option for each (with the odd 'extreme' option thrown in)...

Handling.

(1) Springs, 3 different spring options are Eibach Pro-line, Eibach Sportline or DAP-R springs - between £130 and £180 plus fitting.
                        (2) As option 1 but with RARB - Rear Anti Roll Bar (£150 plus fitting) and/or dampers. Not many people fit dampers as the standard ones are pretty good anyway.
                        (3) Full coilover setup - anything up to £1000 plus add a RARB. Should handle like it's on rails after that.
                        (4) As 3, but the addition of lightweight wheels, trackday tyres, roll cage, stripped interior, uprated bushes, big brakes.

Power.

(1) Precat replacement pipe and remap. Should be good for around 25 extra BHP over standard at the cost of around £500-600.
                        (2) Full exhaust from Piper, Scorpion or Cobrasport, etc (£700-£1000) plus remap, good for around 40 extra BHP over standard at the cost of around £1500
                        (3) As 2 above, but add a front mount intercooler (£700-£1000) plus remap, good for an extra 60 BHP over standard at a cost of around £2500
                        (4) The skys the limit... Full exhaust, intercooler, CDTi airbox, internal engine mods, tubular manifold and GT28 turbo. 400+ BHP is possible, just depends how deep your pockets are.

Looks.

How can you improve on perfection, lol!

The one thing I would recommend before any of the above though are...

Oil restrictor bolt - prolongs the life of the turbo by reducing the oil pressure within it to levels that are not going to wreck the turbo seals.

At the end of the day, enjoy it - it's one of the best cars I've owned for putting a smile on my face and once you're used to it then start looking at what to do with it then.

Hope that helps.
                        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyJ View Post
                          Green Panel Filter..

Oh look, I can do you a good deal.....
                          Need the car first m8 ill consider coming to you tho wen i get the vixer :P

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
                            To be honest, no-one has asked you what you want from the car or your budget before replying.

This might be repeating what has been said above, but listed below under each heading are a basic (1), intermediate (2) and advanced (3) option for each (with the odd 'extreme' option thrown in)...

Handling.

(1) Springs, 3 different spring options are Eibach Pro-line, Eibach Sportline or DAP-R springs - between £130 and £180 plus fitting.
                            (2) As option 1 but with RARB - Rear Anti Roll Bar (£150 plus fitting) and/or dampers. Not many people fit dampers as the standard ones are pretty good anyway.
                            (3) Full coilover setup - anything up to £1000 plus add a RARB. Should handle like it's on rails after that.
                            (4) As 3, but the addition of lightweight wheels, trackday tyres, roll cage, stripped interior, uprated bushes, big brakes.

Power.

(1) Precat replacement pipe and remap. Should be good for around 25 extra BHP over standard at the cost of around £500-600.
                            (2) Full exhaust from Piper, Scorpion or Cobrasport, etc (£700-£1000) plus remap, good for around 40 extra BHP over standard at the cost of around £1500
                            (3) As 2 above, but add a front mount intercooler (£700-£1000) plus remap, good for an extra 60 BHP over standard at a cost of around £2500
                            (4) The skys the limit... Full exhaust, intercooler, CDTi airbox, internal engine mods, tubular manifold and GT28 turbo. 400+ BHP is possible, just depends how deep your pockets are.

Looks.

How can you improve on perfection, lol!

The one thing I would recommend before any of the above though are...

Oil restrictor bolt - prolongs the life of the turbo by reducing the oil pressure within it to levels that are not going to wreck the turbo seals.

At the end of the day, enjoy it - it's one of the best cars I've owned for putting a smile on my face and once you're used to it then start looking at what to do with it then.

Hope that helps.
                            Cheers for that mate, seems good fun , i'll need to come back to this thread when i've got the vxr only a month now i hope :P

Comment

I've just been without mine for a month - it'll be a long wait!!
                              Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                              Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Working...
                              X