Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDS IPF Stage 1 285 PS map. Do I need to manually set the actuator ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDS IPF Stage 1 285 PS map. Do I need to manually set the actuator ?

Hello,

A guy tolds me after mapping I have to adjust the actuator, other said "don't touch anything"
    I'm currently running the 285 PS No-precat map

Thanks !

Marc

Your best to check your boost and adjust if neccesary.

Comment

if your onthe 285 map you could do with checking the boost as people have reported 26psi overboost which needs to be turned down.. 20psi.

Comment

reports of 26psi are on the over boost map tho, im on the normal 285 map and seeing 22psi over boost, which works out about right for me, ill keep it at that

Comment

Can I check using ****** ? How I read the boost using it ?

Comment

Phatashki, If you're seeing 22 psi ,especially on a gauge rather than reading it from the obd, i would turn it down a little as the boost could over shoot the range of the onboard sensor and you won't necessarily see it due to the damping of the boost gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt1971 View Post
              Phatashki, If you're seeing 22 psi ,especially on a gauge rather than reading it from the obd, i would turn it down a little as the boost could over shoot the range of the onboard sensor and you won't necessarily see it due to the damping of the boost gauge.
              Could that be my occasional flat spot a feel where the car backs off for a split second and then carrys on boosting, Its on the intial overboost it does it

Comment

***** wont show you anymore then 21.75psi. If it goes over that it will just show 250KPA as a flat mark.

If you run the 285PS you'll be ok, its the 285PS all gear overboost map thats causing people to see 26psi

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                  Could that be my occasional flat spot a feel where the car backs off for a split second and then carrys on boosting, Its on the intial overboost it does it
                  It could be, it certainly wont be helping. Turn the overboost down to 20psi and you may find the flatspot goes and it pulls stronger in general.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt1971 View Post
                    It could be, it certainly wont be helping. Turn the overboost down to 20psi and you may find the flatspot goes and it pulls stronger in general.
                    Roght ok so what way does the nuts need to go. Tighten or undo.

Its weird trying to describe it, its not a kinda flat spot but i floor it it over boost to 1.5 bar and drops to 1 for a split second then increases to 1.5 again and then settles to 1.25 bar. It happens when the gauge goes just over 1.5 so maybe it cant read the settings and thats why it backs off

Comment

You need to loosen the nut, ie turn it down towards the end of the rod. If you tighten it or turn it towards the head of the actuator you will increase the boost. Once you get onto the 335ps map you wont have that problem - 3bar map sensor
                      sigpic
                      VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

Wat ya need for 335 map bar the 3 bar map sensor. Looking to get cam and cooler soon. Do i need a hybrid?

Comment

inlet manifold I believe.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Lol great even morr expense.. So thats not the hybrid map then be a while before thaat map then.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                              ***** wont show you anymore then 21.75psi. If it goes over that it will just show 250KPA as a flat mark.

If you run the 285PS you'll be ok, its the 285PS all gear overboost map thats causing people to see 26psi
                              i have a datalog showing 254kpa does that count

Comment

Working...
                              X