This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is oil temp?

can someone with a oil temp guage tell me what there gauge sits at whilst cruising and whilst givin it some? i know this will vary due to many factors but im only after a rough guide. oh and also what sort of gauge is it

cheers
    Last edited by R34nel; 1 June 2011, 09:23 PM.
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

i use royal purple 5w/40 i see 75/80 when crusing , and never seen above 90/95 after a good few WOT runs , i have prosport gauge's , and my oil temp in a sadwhich plate on my oil filter ,

it normally takes about 5 mins for it to get a reading, but even when it does it takes a good 20 mins to get to 80, so i know my engine oil is at good temp befor i give it some ,
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

20 mins is a long time, this is the reason im fitting one, i usually just wait around 10mins of driving before giving it some, although i dont drive hard anyway, usually just a blip in 2nd and 3rd, im quite gentle with her
      thing is 90% of all my driving is to work and back and its only 15mins each way

cheers for the reply
      Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
      Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
      Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
        20 mins is a long time, this is the reason im fitting one, i usually just wait around 10mins of driving before giving it some, although i dont drive hard anyway, usually just a blip in 2nd and 3rd, im quite gentle with her
        thing is 90% of all my driving is to work and back and its only 15mins each way

cheers for the reply

i agree 20 mins is a very long time mate , when driving, should of put it better , you dont have to drive hard at all, infact you could be driving at 30 mph for 10mins not going above 2000rpms , then it would be geting a reading of 50/60 then i tend to give it a little more go to 3000/3500rpms for a few more mins , then it will be 80,

then once it's warm, if you stop even for 20 mins, it will give you a reading of 60/70 and get back to 80 in a few mins,

i dont want to advise you to give your the car the beans, but these cars need a little more than 10 mins driving, give it a few blasts up and down the road/moto way ''sticking to the speed limit''

call it flushing the system

i call it fun lol
        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Working...
        X