This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning

Hi. Had my astra Vxr for 2 months now and loving it. But just the other day I turned the a/c on and all I got was coolish air
    My first thought was it needed a re-gas. so I took it to a local garage and had a Slow refil done for better results. (But still coolish air not cold)......
    What I can say is that when I press the a/c button the Engine makes a slight change in note and the revs rise very slightly so I know somthing is happening lol

Any ideas.
    Iv checked all fuses & regased.
    Is there a common fault..

Astra Vxr (stock)
    Arden Blue
    Snowflake Alloys

Cheers Richie,,,,

Have the compressor checked, as it may not be engaging when you switch the a/c on.

Comment

Hiya mate! Check the computer screen. On mine I press the BIG FAT centre rotating button (the one that you use select which vents you want on) and then on the screen you should check/cross the "turn a/c on" option... That's how it is on mine anyway... I only found out 1 week into ownership... lol Mines got the dual climate control so yours MAY possibly be different if your saying you're pressing he a/c button as I don't have one.

Comment

Also possibly your air conditioner condensor could be knackered look under front bumper theres a wee radiator thing under your main radiator that's the condensor if it's that just keep windows down lol as it's not a cheap fix luckily I had gd warranty hope that helps

Comment

Had mine in at the dealers on Tuesday and although the car had been recently regassed it wasn't working still..

The dealer found the poor terminal connection on the compressor pump..

They said they repaired it (could have cleaned the terminals) and now it fires up lovely..

Therefore check the block connector on the compressor pump... unclip it, clean it up and re-conect it just incase it's a poor connection..
          Auto Inparts.com
          exclusive automotive products
          www.autoinparts.com
          www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
          ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

Its not uncommon for the ac rads to start leaking too.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

On Saturday when it was 20c my a/c didn't seem to be doing much. Took it to get checked and it was amaaaaaazzzzzzingly cold 8.5c Could it just have been that it was too hot before?

Comment

i picked up a brand new aircon rad from autovaux for 150 quid inc vat, so they're not that expensive.
                W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

check the bottom of your air con rad
                  they tend to split there
                  Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
                  ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                    i picked up a brand new aircon rad from autovaux for 150 quid inc vat, so they're not that expensive.
                    I've got the complete set up fAn ,condenser, rad, pipes etc all of a sub 20k milage Vxr (my car) for £200 in the for sale section.

If that's what you need mate

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                      I've got the complete set up fAn ,condenser, rad, pipes etc all of a sub 20k milage Vxr (my car) for £200 in the for sale section.

If that's what you need mate
                      just needed the rad mate. All bought and fitted now
                      W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Working...
                      X