This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those not going to PVS, a few pics of my new mods on my VXR

Now I was not going to do this little reveal till just before PVS but I figured why not and as the title says this is for those not going to PVS. The car is back from the first bodyshop, so I figured lets post some pics of the final final (well till the next round) of exterior mods.

So the mods are these: Bonnet vents (and no I am not saying what car they are from), my custom front splitter designed and tested to work with my rear diffuser hence the openings where they are (i.e. not following the contours of the bumper exactly) and lastly the front parking sensors. Before someone asks why front parking sensors, well cause someone said it could not be done easily (as in to come on automatically like oem ones do on Mercs, BM's etc). So I accepted the challenge and proved them wrong, but TBH they are handy with looking after the front splitter.

so onto the pic's

and a top view to show how far the diffuser sticks out.

On the vents yes I wanted them in silver as I wanted them to be subtle. The mesh which is proper plastic in a pattern that matches the front grills, and not the tatty metal stuff is actually part of the vents and they have been left black as can be seen from the side picture. Oh and the amount of heat they vent is unbelievable.

Now then while the car was in the first bodyshop my 19" wheels (Vauxhall snowflakes from Vectra's but optinal on the OPC's in Europe), which are my show only wheels were looking a bit tatty (they were a bargin second hand purchasse after-all) so I got those redone in a silver colour. They are marginally darker then the car colour but that is what I wanted, even though the pics seem to show them looking the same.

So why did I say first bodyshop, well simply because the car goes tomorrow to shop number 2 who originally did the rear diffuser, as they need to adjust a few things which bodyshop number one did not want to go near. Oh and do not get me started on what a logistical nightmare this has turned out to be!

So the car goes away, but luckily for me I will be working on the ICE install while the car is in the second shop so the new ICE install should hopefully also be done in time for PVS and this you will just have to wait to see after that date.

Oh and if you are at PVS and want to have a look then I will be on the LMF stand so pop by and say hello.

Where was the areo testing done on the splitter and diffuser ???

Comment

that looks the dogs danglies!... from Gav burg

Comment

car looks mint mate,you got to love original one of mods,well done.

Comment

Very nice, some smart mods there

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
            Where was the areo testing done on the splitter and diffuser ???
            Done by one of old colleugues where I used to contract, using the the works aerodynamic simulators. He is the head tech who checks and signs off the aero testing on all new car developments at the said manufacturer. Mind you we did do quite a bit of high speed testing at one or two places in Germany using some of the test diag equipment that we so happened to not return straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilD View Post
              Done by one of old colleugues where I used to contract, using the the works aerodynamic simulators. He is the head tech who checks and signs off the aero testing on all new car developments at the said manufacturer. Mind you we did do quite a bit of high speed testing at one or two places in Germany using some of the test diag equipment that we so happened to not return straight away.
              Good proper testing like it

Comment

love it mate
                sigpic

Comment

looks ace mate , dap was goin to fit a set of those opel gt vents in my car a few years ago ,shame he never did as they look brill
                  WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                    looks ace mate , dap was goin to fit a set of those opel gt vents in my car a few years ago ,shame he never did as they look brill
                    Opel Gt you say

Comment

Opel Gt you say
                      i think so , but there like rockin horse poo

Comment

nice car mate that splitter looks so aggressive and the vents look nice and subtle
                        sigpic

Gloss black 18's, 2 Piece Remus, Full Blue SMD Conversion by Stampede, 3 Gauge Conversion by Jigger, Team Heko Wind deflectors, Tinted Side Repeaters, Arden Edition Stickers, Siggy Washer Jets and VXRO stickers

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                          i think so , but there like rockin horse poo
                          Doh, nothing gets missed on here. Well done.... Indeed they are extremely difficult to get hold of (but where there is a will you can always find something) and wait for it they are actually covered in a chrome metal (as in real metal!) so the bodyshop was cursing me while trying to prep them for paint.
                          Last edited by BasilD; 2 June 2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Very mean looking.

If a job worth doing it worth doing right .Perfect example right there
                            sigpic

Comment

have to say basil they look trick , and the splitter is mint....does it catch on much

Comment

Working...
                              X