This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Spare Wheel, what do you use?

Was just curious as to what everyone does for a spare wheel on their VXR?

When I bought mine it has no spare, just a can of foam
    And a compressor (I think?!) but I am
    Keen to get an actual wheel and tyre as spare.

Not paying OTT for a 19" VXR wheel / tyre so has anyone any suggestions on a cheaper option that fits no probs?!

Cheers folks !
    Michael

Think a 17" spacesaver fits on the rear....so if you have a puncture on front you put a back one on the front and the spacesaver on the rear

Comment

I got a 16" veccy wheel at much cheapness, so use that.

A standard (ie, non space saver) will fit over the standard front brakes so I reckon that's the way forward.
      Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
      Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Vectra space saver for me.

Comment

I picked up a brand new space saver and jack kit from billing last year

£25.00,
          as above if front tyre goes down put one off rear to fit over the brakes then space saver on rear, bit fiddly if its raining but it saves putting the foam in and ruining the tyre(cant plug tyres after foam has been used)

Have a look on ebay you might drop lucky

Comment

Originally posted by philgvxr View Post
            I picked up a brand new space saver and jack kit from billing last year

£25.00,
            as above if front tyre goes down put one off rear to fit over the brakes then space saver on rear, bit fiddly if its raining but it saves putting the foam in and ruining the tyre(cant plug tyres after foam has been used)

Have a look on ebay you might drop lucky
            Do one of the tyre places not clean all the gunk out of the tyre for you mate? Sure its like McConnechys or something.
            sigpic
            Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
            Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

well thanks for that fellas! learnin new stuff everyday here
              The Devil's In The Dance ...
              Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
                Do one of the tyre places not clean all the gunk out of the tyre for you mate? Sure its like McConnechys or something.
                Read on here somewhere that the foam goes into the tyre material so the glue on the repair wont adhere properly, sure someone will be along shortly with the technical version though

Comment

Originally posted by philgvxr View Post
                  Read on here somewhere that the foam goes into the tyre material so the glue on the repair wont adhere properly, sure someone will be along shortly with the technical version though
                  correct

Comment

Originally posted by L'Oreal VXR View Post
                    well thanks for that fellas! learnin new stuff everyday here
                    That's what we're here for hun

Comment

And I'm dead greatful you are!!!
                      The Devil's In The Dance ...
                      Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

Working...
                      X