X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeal when turning

Hey all,

Often when I turn slowly but with a lot of steering (I'm guessing coz of the load) I hear a squeal, sounds very similar to squeaky brakes. What could it be? Only seems to happen when turning right? Or it be the plate behind the disc? Or would that happen all the time?

Cheers.

plate behind disk just catchin? can be bent backwards
    Remus Cat Back down pipe, Dap Rs. 13.8 on 1/4 mile 259.7 bhp on the rollers STANDARD MAP!!!

Comment

Happened to mine a few months ago.
      Its your backing plate mate. Can be adjusted!!!

Comment

They do look very close but I can't get my head under the bumper without jcking it up. It's mot/service day so I'll ask them to fiddle with them a bit.

Cheers!

Comment

iv noticed im getting a load of squeeking from the wheels lately , must be the heat

Comment

I had a similar issue earlier in the year. Most notable when turning while moving slowly, such as pulling up on drive, parking etc. Took the car into the local Vaux dealer expecting it to be a brake issue. Turned out to be my PAS pump. VX replaced it under waranty and no noise since.
            THE GRASSHOPPER HAS LANDED
            Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Stu View Post
              I had a similar issue earlier in the year. Most notable when turning while moving slowly, such as pulling up on drive, parking etc. Took the car into the local Vaux dealer expecting it to be a brake issue. Turned out to be my PAS pump. VX replaced it under waranty and no noise since.
              Was your steering quite heavy too?

Comment

i had this problem, thought it was the disc also, but i bent that back and had no noise for a couple days then back,

brake discs and pads looked fine but i decided i wanted them off and cleaned up, turned out the discs were starting to crack from the inside and the pads from behind also, so just got them both changed and the noise has dissappered
                Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Working...
                X