X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I've a pigeon under my bonet!

Hi All

Not sure if its the standard dump of exhaust gasses or something worse.

Don't want to say turket noise either so its a cross between a turkey and a pigeon when im changing thru gears.

If im hooning it say in 3rd for a while and switch to 4th my pigeon churps up, what could it be? dodgy gear box??

Originally posted by HonkVXR View Post
    Hi All

Not sure if its the standard dump of exhaust gasses or something worse.

Don't want to say turket noise either so its a cross between a turkey and a pigeon when im changing thru gears.

If im hooning it say in 3rd for a while and switch to 4th my pigeon churps up, what could it be? dodgy gear box??
    Might just be the recirc working or it's got a hole in or you have a vac hose off. Check down the back of the block for some black hoses pencil thin - one might be off.

Comment

A pigeon?

Comment

either loose hose or the recirc valve is split

corsa arctic edition #257
        now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

doh doh doh!!!

cant find the loose hose, engine was 2 hot to be touching stuff

what should the recirc valve sound like normally?

Comment

are you sure the pipe hasn`t blown off ? it`s in an awkward place and hard to see unless you know where exactly to look , some call it pigeon sound , some call it turkey noise , i`de call it vic and bobs dove from above as it`s more of a coo ing sound

once it`s cooled down stand in front of engine , lean over and put your hand down and feel for 2 thin pipes that are close together , once you find them follow the pipes to the right , they seperate from each other i little bit but both should be connect to a small elbow joint .
            hopefully one isn`t connected , i say this because it means you`ve found the problem which is an easy fix , if they`re both connected then it does sound like a hose has split and can be harder to locate

hope that made sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_0_NsZ6nc

Comment

Working...
            X