Should I do a hard reset before installing a new map?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VXRick1987
    VXRed blooded
    • 25 May 2010

Should I do a hard reset before installing a new map?

As per title, dreamscience arrived today. Should I disconnect the battery for 20 mins to reset before installing the new map? And if i disconnect the battery AFTER the map is loaded will it take a life to put it back on or will it not be lost?
  • jwfcms
    VXR enough
    • 16 October 2010

no. when the new map is uploaded it will have to re learn the values for fuel trim anyway. will be a clean slate when the new map is uploaded and no need to d/c battery after wards either. maybe disconect it after a few months/weeks to reset trims then..

Comment

• vr55vxr
      VXR Nothing comes close
      • 6 February 2008

When you disconnect the battery the map is not lost. No need to disconnect before uploading the map, as the map will wipe all the learnt values and it will take awhile for the ecu to adjust to new map.

You only lose a live on the dreamscience when it is connected to another car

Comment

• VXRick1987
        VXRed blooded
        • 25 May 2010

That was fast answering! Cheers guys. All questions answered in 3 minutes! I'll go and plug it in shortly then.

Comment

• Vauxtillidie
          VXR enough
          • 31 January 2010

Originally posted by VXRick1987
          That was fast answering! Cheers guys. All questions answered in 3 minutes! I'll go and plug it in shortly then.
          ^^ what they said it takes a while to upload but worth the wait
          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

• VXRick1987
            VXRed blooded
            • 25 May 2010

Just plugged it in, it has 3 upload maps on it; ds ultima, ds stragem and ds eph(...) not sure what the last was. Does that sound right? Thought they should be race and race +

Comment

• Vauxtillidie
              VXR enough
              • 31 January 2010

not sure tbh i thought same as you it would be ultima race and race plus pretty sure thats what mine said will go check mine
              2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

• jigger
                Regional Assistant - Scotland West
                • 3 July 2008

thats one of the first models m8
                ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

• Vauxtillidie
                  VXR enough
                  • 31 January 2010

yes mine has ultima race and race plus

Comment

• VXRick1987
                    VXRed blooded
                    • 25 May 2010

Ok. So you think they're the same maps jigger? It's half way through loading the ultima map

Comment

• jigger
                      Regional Assistant - Scotland West
                      • 3 July 2008

yep was just different names im not sure if the software needs updated or will be fine as is but most run ultima anyway so batter on you will be impressed
                      ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

• Vauxtillidie
                        VXR enough
                        • 31 January 2010

sorry to hijack but mite help the op also but Jigger i see you run the race+ how much different is that from ultima? more aggresive? how much boost does that run?

Comment

• VXRick1987
                          VXRed blooded
                          • 25 May 2010

When I plugged it in and looked in device info it said 5 unlocks remaining. The guy said it had 4 lives. Are unlocks and lives the same? If not, how do I find out how many lives it really has left? Can't see it having 5 as he used it on his burg

Comment

• Vauxtillidie
                            VXR enough
                            • 31 January 2010

that will change to 4 i think once you have uploaded a map to yours, mine says 5 remaining even tho i have loaded a map

Comment

• VXRick1987
                              VXRed blooded
                              • 25 May 2010

As per vauxtilliedie, anyone have of know where to find dyno charts for the same car on the same day tested on each map?

Comment

Working...