This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im eliminated

ok guys im extremely narked now like my head is going to explode ...

i tried to fit one of those o2 eliminator's and iv epic failed . I managed to get the o2 sensor out , but the thread is K.O 'd i mean mauled! then i tread putting the eliminator on and il give it credit got most of the way in , but then just kept turning and turning ...
    so at this point iv managed to nip the o2 sensor on a thread ...and i mean on " A " thread! im not using the car until its sorted out please i need help with this guys . regards tim .

Last edited by VXRTIMMY; 2 June 2011, 08:36 PM.

ok well you need a new banjo bolt now and im guessing the thread in the cat needs retapping, did it look like it had been tampered with before?
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
      ok well you need a new banjo bolt now and im guessing the thread in the cat needs retapping, did it look like it had been tampered with before?
      no ... no way has it been tampered with .

Comment

Youre going to need a helicoil thread repair kit (m18 x 1.5 if i remember correctly) and it will probably require removal of the exhaust so you can get access to repair the boss, then a new bolt and, if the sensor thread is as messed up as the photo above, a new lambda sensor..

Comment

ok cheers bud

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt1971 View Post
            Youre going to need a helicoil thread repair kit (m18 x 1.5 if i remember correctly) and it will probably require removal of the exhaust so you can get access to repair the boss, then a new bolt and, if the sensor thread is as messed up as the photo above, a new lambda sensor..
            my dad has got a pit at work so access under the car isnt a problem : ) i may get a garage to tap a new thread in as iv never done it before : ( so much as id like to .

Comment

o2 elim?? looks like a oil bolt to me?

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                o2 elim?? looks like a oil bolt to me?
                that's just part of it , the bolt holds the eliminator to the cat and lets a fraction of the emissions through . But i guess you already knew that bud

erm... update yer col it is a oil bolt
                Last edited by VXRTIMMY; 3 June 2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

sorted , I re cut the thread got a new banjo bolt and a new o2 sensor to be honest I was surprise how well the tap bit cut the thread , very clean ... so the burg is up and running . All I need to do now is sort out the headlight . I have opened up a dispute with the seller on ebay through ecc European trading standards institute , so hopefully I can get my money back and get the proper light . Thanks for all your feedback guys . Tim

Comment

glad you sorted it, did you buy the lambda sensor from that link i sent you? good service?
                    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

glad you sorted it, did you buy the lambda sensor from that link i sent you? good service?
                      yer i did , really good price and quick delivery cheers bud

Comment

Originally posted by VXRTIMMY View Post
                        yer i did , really good price and quick delivery cheers bud
                        good stuff think ill get one myself when pay day comes around i still have some fault codes relating to o2 sensors replaced the front one and it still came back so ill change the rear one see if it helps

Comment

good stuff think ill get one myself when pay day comes around i still have some fault codes relating to o2 sensors replaced the front one and it still came back so ill change the rear one see if it helps
                          Yer i would do that as well , its not out of the way £65 but all these little payments add up ...so my bank tells me any way hope you get it sorted out buddy . Keep us updated . regards tim

Comment

Working...
                          X