Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitted 3" exhaust car is holding back on boost?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted 3" exhaust car is holding back on boost?

So had a blueflame turbo back fitted last saturday and it felt fine to drive after but as i have not driven it much after being fitted till today i noticeed the car does not hold 20psi like it use to it hits 18 then drops straight down the 15psi and stays there, can anyone help? i have done the pedal test no codes?

Thanks.

when i have my blueflame fitted my car run lean so the map had to be altered.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Would i really need to have the map adjusted tho? is this something regal would do and would i be paying for this? thanks

Comment

That sounds a lot like the throttle closing, what map where you running that held 20 psi?

Comment

285ps map it's fine before power all the way up to the red line never had throttle closure don't think its that as the power is on straight away then just stays at 15psi, going to ring regal up in the morning and see what they say

Comment

Is it eds mate?

Comment

Mine does it at around 4k revs but yet in winter it was perfect, very strange and very annoying.

Comment

Could be a weak actuator or just needing adjustment if its just boosting to 15 psi, my tweak to the map was FOC, you would be supprized at the differance the 3im makes over the remus, like i say mine was lean and im not the only one.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

habe you tryed the new throttle closure map update, if its drops to anything around 14 15 psi it sounds like the usual 30% throttle close..

Comment

My vxr has been painfully slow at times the past few weeks (fitted milltek race, courts tophat, CDTi conversion) going to call into my local tuners today as had enough of waiting for a miracle and all the power to return lol

Is it really worth getting an uprated actuator if im only aiming for ~300bhp, 350lbs?
                    Astra VXR Racing Edition

Milltek Race | Whiteline RARB

Now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by matty smt View Post
                      285ps map it's fine before power all the way up to the red line never had throttle closure don't think its that as the power is on straight away then just stays at 15psi, going to ring regal up in the morning and see what they say
                      My car was fine running the 285 map until I installed the piper system, then got this problem and had to go back to the standard airbox which fixed it. Just because it wasn't closing the throttle before the exhaust was fitted doesn't guarantee that's not the what its doing now.

Comment

is this a stage 2 then just map and exhaust?

Comment

Andrew is are you still on 285 map now then without Cdti airbox and is it running fine without flat sport

Comment

I'm now on the 335 map.. but, yes the 285 map ran perfectly fine on the standard airbox, I then did some extensive mods to the cdti box and eventualy got that working too.

Comment

Cheers mate I'm going to try my standard box back on tonight then and hope that the flat spot goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X