This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I just break it?

Plugged my new dreamscience onto my car, told it to install ultima map and went in. Came out and it said turn off ignition. Did so and pressed select. When I looked at the info it still said 5 resets so I told it to program the map again. It came up with 0% loaded but the cable came out. Car runs and feels quicker but now the unit says program failed, return to stock and if I say return to stock it says not possible. Any ideas?

it takes in total approx 50 to upload your map start to finsh how long were you at it and it just wont feel quicker it will be extremely quicker if done properly try load the map again and be careful this time
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

the difference should take you by suprise
      Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
      Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
      Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Sorted. It felt noticeably quicker earlier and was spinning in 3rd so was confident it mapped ok. Just when I looked at resets left it still said 5 so I tried to return to stock and got a message about install tune map failed. Tried again and same thing. It was starting but the loading bar didn't appear (0% came up, then fail message but no loading bar). 3rd time worked so now retuned to stock, panic over! I'll try race+ tomorrow

Comment

if you are standard m8 i wouldnt be running race+ on a daily basis

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Oh, thought all 3 maps were based on oem parts. Assume race + is stage 2 equivalent then. I'll stick with ultima unless the middle one is worth running but no-seems to use it. Any reason why? I have a scorpion precar decat and k&n so not stage 2 ready.

Comment

Ps thanks jigger. Taken up lots of your time tonight. Legend.

Comment

ds maps are all self learning as you mod but if you havnt got gauges to moniter it m8 i would hold off...by all means load it and try it cos its mental but change it before you get hooked on it....ps glad to help m8 thats why we are all here .......

Comment

As Danny says ...... the Race + is a very agressive map and if ran all the time and ran hard you engine temps will be very very high (and not good). I just run the ultima map all the time as I love how smooth the power delivery is from very low revs, just keeps pulling like a steam train right through the revs

But feel free to try each map , even race + can be tried and ran for a few blasts. Each map doesn't alter the BHP etc, but it alters the power delivery, and torque delivery.

James

sigpic
                  MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Working...
                  X