Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wht would u use to paint ur rocker cover?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wht would u use to paint ur rocker cover?

Hey guys thinking of doin a bit of detailing to my engine bay but im a bit unsure on wht sort of paint to use id like to use iver an arden blue to match the car or a simular blue to my courtney hoses but obviously im a bit scep on the paint do i need heat resisdent and if so where would i go halfords website is a bit rubbish for info on the products and there staff are as clever as kick in the balls
    sigpic3" Full Scorpion System, 1.9 cdti box, K&N Filter, Steinmetz Top Grill, Custom maps frm San Speed, 18" White Alloys, Blue Turbo Hose Kit, Vacuum Hose Kit, and Intake Hose Kit, Forge diviter valve, Boost Gauge(psi), Boost temp gauge, TXA Plenum, voltage staberlizer, debadged rear with white vx(r). Quaife LSD, White Plug cover with blue vx(r), Torque app for my phone, Vec C intKe pipe, Chrome Battery cover and heat shield

no need to use heat resistant paint mate
    the rocker cover doesnt get hot enough for it to peel

make sure you primer it up well
    then pop down to vx and get a 250ml can of arden paint
    its about £15 for a can but its the only real way of getting a perfect colour match
    Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
    ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

Cool thanks
      sigpic3" Full Scorpion System, 1.9 cdti box, K&N Filter, Steinmetz Top Grill, Custom maps frm San Speed, 18" White Alloys, Blue Turbo Hose Kit, Vacuum Hose Kit, and Intake Hose Kit, Forge diviter valve, Boost Gauge(psi), Boost temp gauge, TXA Plenum, voltage staberlizer, debadged rear with white vx(r). Quaife LSD, White Plug cover with blue vx(r), Torque app for my phone, Vec C intKe pipe, Chrome Battery cover and heat shield

Comment

if you want a good paint that will stick and give a good finish try Rustoleum Combicolor you do need to degrease the rocker cover first try using meths (the purple coloured solvent), DO NOT use white spirit as this leaves a greasy residue then the paint will not stick, apply a couple of coats of the combicolour with a good brush, don't over work it and it will give a spray like finish, try Promain www.promain.co.uk they can make this paint in 30,000 different colours.

Comment

I got some from a paint shop round mine was £7 they mix the paints and put it in an areosol for you it's spot on, there's pics on my progress thread

Comment

Working...
          X