Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just been to rollers :(

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • just been to rollers :(

    Just been to rollers n very disappointed iv got a full milly exhaust and a tms stage 2map well this is wat it did 247 bhp and 297lbs y is my bhp so low

  • #2
    Have you got a dyno plot?

    Comment


    • #3
      Could be loads of things that caused the low bhp, and some of them may not be the car.

      Rolling road figures are affected by the operator, temperatures, how accurate the rolling road is - do you have a graph that you can upload.

      How does the car drive on the road, if drives Ok then I would not worry about it.

      Comment


      • #4
        It drives mint compared to standard pulls loads harder ye got a graph but dunno how to upload i asked the guy wat dyno it was and he sed it was a dyno vtec it was a 4wheel drive thing.

        Comment


        • #5
          How to uploads pics - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ad-photos-quot

          Comment


          • #6
            is that at the wheels or the flywheel?

            Comment


            • #7
              I wish it was at wheels lol . Its at fly. N thanks for link will upload later

              Comment


              • #8
                Also wat gear was ur rolling rd done in and would it make a difference

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vxr todd View Post
                  Also wat gear was ur rolling rd done in and would it make a difference
                  as long as your not overspeeding the rollers or over torqueing the sensors it doesn't really matter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i had mine on the rollers at the weekend and i only hav a full miltek race turboback exhaust and an ITG filter and got 257.8 bhp nd 285LBs torque.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nip View Post
                      i had mine on the rollers at the weekend and i only hav a full miltek race turboback exhaust and an ITG filter and got 257.8 bhp nd 285LBs torque.
                      not very constructive to the op's issue really,different rollers different days different everything,figures are only relevant in comparison to another car when you go head to head on the same dyno at the same time
                      Ex owner of various VXR's

                      Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Far too many factors to take into consideration, as V55 says, also how its tied down, heat etc etc, you need to take these things with a pinch of salt I'm afraid
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vxr todd View Post
                          Just been to rollers n very disappointed iv got a full milly exhaust and a tms stage 2map well this is wat it did 247 bhp and 297lbs y is my bhp so low
                          Not sure is my stage 2 map same as your astras BUT I made almost the same figures this time last year, well, in may.



                          Was told it was my actuator playing up and have since replaced it and pulls a lot stronger. No idea what bhp and torque she makes - dont really care, am off to Norfolk soon, .
                          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hot day yesterday mate!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by vxr todd View Post
                              Just been to rollers n very disappointed iv got a full milly exhaust and a tms stage 2map well this is wat it did 247 bhp and 297lbs y is my bhp so low
                              Originally posted by vxr todd View Post
                              It drives mint compared to standard pulls loads harder ye got a graph but dunno how to upload i asked the guy wat dyno it was and he sed it was a dyno vtec it was a 4wheel drive thing.

                              Graph doesnt look that bad actually, if it was as hot where you were as Manchester yesterday (27deg), that could account for some of the theoretical losses, what fuel do you use? but your torque isnt far off the mark TBH, which is what you are feeling on the road, the reduced (expected) bhp for that map could be a mixture of hot weather and/or a weak actuator/turbo ??

                              If in doubt call JT at TMS and get your car checked out by them
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X