This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about sport button

When pressing it is the slight surge in power without altering the pressure on accelerator normal? or is this a sign the car is mapped?

Thanks,

Originally posted by jonny23 View Post
    When pressing it is the slight surge in power without altering the pressure on accelerator normal? or is this a sign the car is mapped?

Thanks,

Yes, especially in 4th around 40mph
    sigpic

Comment

This is normal, pressing the sports button adjusts the throttle response - sports off full power is when the pedal is on the floor, sports on full power is when the throttle is pressed approx 70%.

Also sports button adjusts the steering response and ids suspension if you have it.

Comment

thanks for the replies,

I think it was around 40mph. I dont really use the sport button much so i dont notice these things.

Ive been thinking of getting the care mapped late this year or early next year, but then i though ive no idea if it was already mapped by the previous owner.

Comment

thanks for the replies,

I think it was around 40mph. I dont really use the sport button much so i dont notice these things.

Ive been thinking of getting the care mapped late this year or early next year, but then i though ive no idea if it was already mapped by the previous owner.
          This naturally would be confirmed by higher than expected RR figs - have you ever been on one ??
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
            This is normal, pressing the sports button adjusts the throttle response - sports off full power is when the pedal is on the floor, sports on full power is when the throttle is pressed approx 70%.

Also sports button adjusts the steering response and ids suspension if you have it.
            ive been asked if i have ids before, some people think my car sits abit low but im not sure whether it does. Its a 56 plate, is it year dependent whethere or not it has it or was it an optional extra?

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
              This naturally would be confirmed by higher than expected RR figs - have you ever been on one ??
              ive not mate no. Ive thought about taking it to one just to see what power it is running. Does it cost much to get it on a RR?

Comment

IDS was an optional extra, two things to check

1. Wires going into the top of the suspension in the engine compartment

2. When you start the car, ids light will be lit in the dash,

Comment

ive not mate no. Ive thought about taking it to one just to see what power it is running. Does it cost much to get it on a RR?
                  If you go on your own, it can a lot of monies, if you go as a group - we normally have them at local places for £35 per car

Worth it as it acts as a health check, esp' if afr/boost is accurately measured
                  sigpic

Comment

If you go on your own, it can a lot of monies, if you go as a group - we normally have them at local places for £35 per car

Worth it as it acts as a health check, esp' if afr/boost is accurately measured
                    Good idea for a local meet then

Comment

Good idea for a local meet then
                      We ( as in my region) dont do them through the summer mths....however the "West Mids" crew are holding one very very soon. We like the colder air for better pub figs - lol
                      sigpic

Comment

We ( as in my region) dont do them through the summer mths....however the "West Mids" crew are holding one very very soon. We like the colder air for better pub figs - lol
                        ah i see, lol.

i live near leeds so mids isnt too close for me. Im not in any rush though, lol.

Comment

believe me you would know if your car was mapped as it would feel totally different mapped, even a bluefin stage 1 its very difficut to keep traction moving off in first gear with TC off (this is when driving sensibly with the map on!)

as said, it increases throttle response
                          VXRED

Dap-r & wheels so far, plenty more to come!

Comment

Thanks,
                            Eh?>>>>>????

Comment

Originally posted by S600TJT View Post
                              believe me you would know if your car was mapped as it would feel totally different mapped, even a bluefin stage 1 its very difficut to keep traction moving off in first gear with TC off (this is when driving sensibly with the map on!)

as said, it increases throttle response
                              Im sure it does feel alit different standard/ mapped but only drove my own vxr and I've never had/ driven a performance car before. Traded in a 1.4 206 in december, so a big difference lol. Also I've not turned off tc before.

Comment

Working...
                              X