This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick message...

Just looking for the best sites to buy a new dreamsciene unit from. And what's the best program to run a standard burg?

You can not buy a brand new dreamscience device, only second hand ones. If you check the website it may say you can get new ones but this is totally untrue (website has not been updated).

Comment

see my thread. There could be one in the pipeline

Comment

O brilliant. Back to the drawing board then!

Comment

Buy a 2nd hand 1 with lives left. If you need max lives send it to dreamscience to reset. That would only need doing if you buy one with no lives or want full lives for resale value

Comment

So if I can get ahold o one with lives left I don't have to contact sum one and fork out extra cash for it to work on my car? I always thought it cost a couple of hundred pounds when buying them second hand to re-register it! What about a superchip bluefin unit, any one got any opinions on them?

Comment

Bluefin and regal's unit (ipf I think) both need resetting to use. This costs £199 for the bluefin and a huge amount from regal if I remember right as they sell new ones for £550ish and value the handset at about £50, the rest of the cost they say is for software licences. Don't quote me on that from the ipf perspective, best off calling regal. Everything I've recently read suggests regal have stepped up their game recently with regards to map updates and customer service and I like the fact that they have such a variety of maps and are making more. However, from a cost point of view, selling a bluefin on will cost you £200 as the next user needs to have it reset (you buy for £100+£200 reset then sell for £100). Ipf is >£500 new and sell for £50. Dreamscience with 3 lives costs £250, sell with 2 lives for £200.

Comment

Thanks for that, just need to find 1 for sale now. My car is a 08 burg so does any dreamscience work on it?

Comment

No. There were 2 versions I think. One for 07 onwards, one for 56 and previous. But you can have an old one reprogrammed so that it has new software on for about £50

Comment

Cheers for all the helpful info guys, much appreciated

Comment

just to point out dreamscience cant actually reset these units if they have no lives left on all they can do is change the software to work on the pre 07 or post 07 and they charge £58.50 for this service

If you need a unit resetting that has no lives it needs to go to SCT in Florida which costs £25 to send to them via parcel2go.com and they charge $150 to reset the unit. These prices were correct last month when i sent mine to them.
                      2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Good shout vauxtilliedie. I knew it could be done but was unsure how. So a ds with no lives costs the same (roughly) to get working as a bluefin but takes time to ship etc whereas bluefin is a 10 minute phonecall. Is sct the name of the business or is that an abbreviation?

Comment

its SCT Flash they make the units DS just sold them on with there own stickers/maps on

http://www.sctflash.com/

i got my ds with no lives for £90 and spent another £175 getting it working again and now has 5 lives so i can probably sell it on with 4 lives for around £250

I guess thats the advantage over the ipf/bluefin as they need resetting every time they are sold on i believe (someone correct me if im wrong)
                          Last edited by Vauxtillidie; 6 June 2011, 04:27 PM.
                          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Working...
                          X