This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam belt

can anyone plz tell me when i should get my cambelt changed iv got a 2008 astra vxr and my mate has just told me his has snapped on his 06 plate going up the motorway and has caused a grands worth of damage
    turbo back remus, wind deflectors, vxr mud flaps,
    vxmmi, oil restrictor bolt, direct air feed, dreamscience, window tints,
    projector angle eye head lights, hids, cruise control , anti hijack, forge recirc valve , cdti airbox conversion

VX schedule is 80k miles or 5 years i believe.

Comment

I've always been in the habit of changing the timing belt every 4 years or 48k. I always use a timing kit to replace tensioners and I also change the water pump at the same time.
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

cheers for the reply
        projector angle eye head lights, hids, cruise control , anti hijack, forge recirc valve , cdti airbox conversion

Comment

Had mine done at vx last week mate cambelt and water pump and cost me 300 quid fitted.. I put a similar post to this a few weeks back and most people was saying to replace it around the 40-50k mark.. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by gaz-holden View Post
            can anyone plz tell me when i should get my cambelt changed iv got a 2008 astra vxr and my mate has just told me his has snapped on his 06 plate going up the motorway and has caused a grands worth of damage
            ive got an 08 plate mate im gonna change mine at 40,000 to be on the safe side

Comment

Mines an 07 and had my changed on 31k and a good job too as one of the tensioners/rollers was knackered!

Comment

cheers chaps this helps a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-vxr View Post
                  Had mine done at vx last week mate cambelt and water pump and cost me 300 quid fitted.. I put a similar post to this a few weeks back and most people was saying to replace it around the 40-50k mark.. Hope this helps
                  Thats a real bargain, wished I went to a proper dealer, .
                  Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Working...
                  X