This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap question and help plz

I currently have a 888 remap on my vxr, apparently running 270bhp, it was already installed when i braught my car from the previous owner with a pre cat, if i buy the Astra H EDS IPF - Handheld Unit do i need to buy the one with or without the software. would like the freedom to change bits and change map as and when i buy things, what do people think of them???

is it worth buying or sticking to the 888 remap??

also car hasnt been boosting properly seems flat in spots and when sport button on wont go any higher than 15psi with sport button off it goes to 15 straight to 10 then straight to 5 and then flutters around 5, i think it should be boosting higher than 15 with the 888 remap unless this is correct i dont have a clue??? had a garage check for the boost hose that comes off but they said all was fine, anyone else got any clues, actuator? AFM?

When my car was totally standard in every way I had it RR'd and health checked. The over boost was 13psi and held at a constant 10psi (with the odd flutter by no more than 0.5psi + and - ) Now on stage 2 and the boost is around 20psi and holds at 17psi.

So not sure why it would only be boosting at 15psi Have you checked the manifold for any slight hairline cracks, as this could be causing a boost leak, especially around the wastegate area. and your def sure it is remapped?

James

sigpic
    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Definatly remapped there is still a big diff between sport mode on n off. And it does fly but just not right if ya no wot a mean

Comment

So the car takes off after flooring the throttle, then settles, then really dies higher up the revs ?

James

sigpic

Comment

Yes exactly, it will reach boost then drops then boosts then holds out at low boost

Comment

Could be the throttle closing ....... I've had this exct problem a few times, normally after fitting or re fitting my silicon hoses after having them off . Also happens to totally standard cars too . I believe its to do with turbulance in the air intake pipe system that messes with the AFM and its reading and senses something isn't right and the ECU backs the throttle down (i.e thorttle closing) .

James

sigpic

Comment

Would explain alot had an aftermArket dumpvalve and had the hoses off few times,
              Wots the fix or is it totally new afm

Comment

Funilly enough, I replaced my AFM last year and it solved the proplem ... BUT ..... I think that was due to me messing with the intake hose from the airbox to the MAF sensor. The original sensor was probably fine, as just last week the problem came back after having that pipe off to replace the filter ........ after more messing around with hoses etc, the car is fine now So prob not your AFM.

I have the VX Racing hose set and the airbox to AFM pipe seems awefully crushed at the bend ........ might be worth trying your standard hoses back on from the airbox to the crossover and see if that helps if you have them.

James

sigpic

Comment

Cheers buddy for the help I'll have alook tomo before work and see if any better on way to work

Comment

A cortney motorsport air filter wouldn't be a problem would it?

Comment

I doubt it ...... but try retracing your steps back and replace the parts thats YOU have replaced ....... I assume the car wasn't like that when you bought it ?

James

sigpic

Comment

888 used early EDS maps, so Regal should have a note of the map against the car. I believe you should be able to purchase a IPF system without a map and this will gain you access to the other maps - best to ring Regal to confirm this.
                        Last edited by vr55vxr; 4 June 2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Check all hoses for signs of leaks, could be a small hole in one of them.
                          Burg #332 - 270 bhp - gone
                          Mazda 3 MPS - 490 bhp - gone
                          Audi S4 - MRC stage 2/490 bhp....so far

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                            888 used early EDS maps, so Regal so have a note of the map against the car. I believe you should be able to purchase a IPF system without a map and this will gain you access to the other maps - best to ring Regal to confirm this.
                            As Paul has stated you would be best to call Karen at REGAL and discuss your options, but could be tricky without paperwork from 888. If you liked the 888 map, personally I would stick to it, as you couldnt go back to it as it doesnt exist on the IPF server AFAIK, I'm sure REGAL would have a copy inhouse or be able to save your copy, but that really defeats the object of tuning from home. However, it does sound like you may have some boosting issue with hardware, which normally is MAF, BCS or a weak actuator - hth
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X