This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the turkey noise?

Sometimes when I press the clutch in (to gear up, I don't think it happens when gearing down) I get a loud-ish noise from the engine bay area. It's like a chuckle ,if that makes sense.

I can't decide whether it sounds like a turkey or not though? Kinda does...

When it happens it even happens under 3k and sometimes under 2k rpm.

Is this the turkey noise? No fault codes are showing.
    Lightning Silver Astra

No mate it's not the turkey noise as that happens after ur turbo has spooled up n u let off then I'll hear the turkey noise iirc

Comment

You'll

Comment

Can anyone confirm if Mcblazer is right? Whats the noise I'm hearing?
        Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

go out buy a turkey kick it see what noise it makes then compare with the noise from your car

Comment

Sounds like the turkey to me. You hear it straight after coming off the gas.
            VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Originally posted by Die_hard View Post
              Sounds like the turkey to me. You hear it straight after coming off the gas.
              It only happens when I put the clutch in? If I let go off the gas I don't get the noise.
              Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

It's not the turkey noise then pal maybe clutch baring? Is like a flutter or grinding? N does it do it out of gear if u put the Clutch in?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcblazer_vxr View Post
                  It's not the turkey noise then pal maybe clutch baring? Is like a flutter or grinding? N does it do it out of gear if u put the Clutch in?
                  Doesn't do it out of gear when clutch is pressed in.
                  Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

It's something to do with ur gearbox pal I'd get into vx before you end pushing her there lol

Comment

Originally posted by pebbles8 View Post
                      go out buy a turkey kick it see what noise it makes then compare with the noise from your car
                      Lol wouldn't the rspca be on his case if they found out he was doing that?
                      Oh My god Nissan what have you done? You haven't created a machine
                      You just made a MONSTER!!!!

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

Comment

Originally posted by Mcblazer_vxr View Post
                        It's something to do with ur gearbox pal I'd get into vx before you end pushing her there lol
                        Are you sure mate?

I've read alot of the gearbox problems on here and not come across anyone mention the symptoms I'm getting?

Normally it seems the gear stick moves in 1st/5th and/or a low whining which quickly gets louder. Mine doesn't do either of them?

Warranty ended last week.
                        Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Anyone? Really worried about this now (
                          Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Am almost certain it ain't ur clutch as it should still make the noise in neutral, which only leaves the gearbox, mayb I'm wrong but just going off what uv said it seems to be something to do with gearbox, as with the warranty sometimes u may still b able to claim shortly after it runs out just depends on the dealer but if u ask me I'd get it in as soon as that's the best advice I can give keep updated :-)

Comment

I'll get it booked in to be look at ASAP but I don't think it's the box.

The noise happens every 1 in 20 or so gear changes. When the noise does happen it's when I press the clutch in, ready to gear up. I've not even touched the gear stick when the noise happens, so I can't see how it's the box...

I'm thinking recirc valve is maybe split or something?
                              Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X