This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon wrap dash

Has anybody done this before, I think it looks great but I'd have to do all the stereo as well and gearstick surround,

How hard is it to remove all this as I'm guessing it would be easier to do it all if not attach to car.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks dave

Im up for this to and was wondering the same i have done the steering wheel controls and think it looks great so think i might have a go at the rest.

Comment

done a few easy bits but the dash look way harder...imo

Comment

I have never used the wrap before either but I'm quite happy to give it ago.

Is it like window tint film to apply or easier/harder????

Comment

it all comes off pretty easy, the tricky bit would be the stereo really

here is mine

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
            I have never used the wrap before either but I'm quite happy to give it ago.

Is it like window tint film to apply or easier/harder????
            never used window tint before mate...but i found the carbon wrap quite easy to use...i used a hair dryer to heat it up to make it more user friendly

Comment

Trez that looks amazing. How much carbon wrap was needed to do all that. I may order a sheet and give it ago

Comment

thanks mate.

my mate did the dash, however i did some engine bits after to try it out. Id say its pretty easy to be honest and im sure i could do the dash if I wanted.

the tricky part is the coin holder, next to the power socket for satnav connections etc, thats really small, so you will need to be very tidy there. cutting the wrap etc.

dont think you need a lot of wrap buddy, but get a decent amount if you go wrong.

Comment

Ye sooner have to much than not enough but just not sure what size sheet to get.

Can you remember what size you got mate and were you got it from?

Comment

cant remember size etc buddy, the bits for the engine bay, my other mate gave me some wrap to try doing it myself. lol
                    he was going to do the engine bay for me, but he gave me some wrap and said try to do it, its easy...so I gave it a go

Comment

this should help you get all the bits of mate.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ering-controls

Comment

That's going to be a great help nice 1 mate.

All I need now is the size sheet I need and a place to buy am I'm all set to order.
                        Got next weekend to do it all.

Comment

Does anybody know how much wrap I will need to do this?

Is the eBay stuff any good or would I be better buying for somewhere else, if so where?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                            Does anybody know how much wrap I will need to do this?

Is the eBay stuff any good or would I be better buying for somewhere else, if so where?

Thanks again
                            Ive used the 3M stuff from ebay to do a few interior bit and my wheel centre caps. Its alright stuff.

Id just take rough measurements of the stuff you want to wrap. Maybe then just order abit more than you think you'll need.

Comment

Originally posted by Trez View Post
                              it all comes off pretty easy, the tricky bit would be the stereo really

here is mine

Spongebob on the stereo?!
                              sigpic
                              Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Working...
                              X