This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re map but with less power?

my car has just been in for a re map i had it dynod before and after, the before ran 277bhp with 272 ft lb of torque and after ran 272bhp with 360 ft lb of torque surely this isnt right is it? my car feels alot faster in 1st and 2nd gear but slower 3rd gear onwards any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks jamie
    Forge cooler, milly race, stage 3 eds map, dap r's, rarb, cdti kit, forge re circ, wavetrac diff ect ect ect....

you have gained almost 100ftlbs it should feel much faster

Comment

it does in 1st and 2nd gear but slower in the rest ov the gears it just doesnt feel like the power is ther like it did before
      Forge cooler, milly race, stage 3 eds map, dap r's, rarb, cdti kit, forge re circ, wavetrac diff ect ect ect....

Comment

Do you have the dyno graphs and do they show boost and afr ? do you have a boost gauge? 360lbft of torque doesnt sound right for what i presume is a stage 2 car.
        Your best bet is probably to take is straight back and get them to give it the once over.. who's map is it?

Comment

where did you have it done. 360 seems a bit high, although once i did get 390 at mpg lol. seems a bit odd. last dyno i got 323 and 340 both ftlbs. so depending where you have had it done figures change alot. your map obviously shows a good torque increase but bhp may have already been good on the original map and responsed well to any upgrades like exhaust etc.
          jwfcms
          VXR enough
          Last edited by jwfcms; 4 June 2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

yes i have the two graphs before and after but not with me at the moment, no dont have a boost gauge in unfortunatly its meant to be stage 3 it was done at mpg

Comment

wich i fink use the eds map's

Comment

Ahh MPG ok . i see now .

Comment

ohh no what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by shippo View Post
                    ohh no what does that mean?
                    There rollers have a reputation for doing odd things occasionally. Your before figures sound about right though.

Comment

wat about the after figures though, my car was if anything but better afta the map

Comment

Did you not ask the tuner these qestions when you where on the rollers or before you left the garage ?
                        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by shippo View Post
                          wat about the after figures though, my car was if anything but better afta the map

I would say the after figures should be ignored.

Comment

what map did he load on the car mate and what mods you got?

Comment

ignore the torque figures, but at least they have increased alot on the dyno and thats all that matters, on the same dyno, same day etc that before and after were different. dont know why the bhp is a bit less but it could be down to a few little things like where the power is created on the new map, if you havnt got suficient airflow at the higher rpm where it may produce the more power you may loose out?( just a thought something along those lines. id take the figures with a pinch of salt. whats your full spec as we dont know much..

Comment

Working...
                              X