Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any 1 bought gear box bearings ? and solved there cost ? time fitting ? any infor ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • any 1 bought gear box bearings ? and solved there cost ? time fitting ? any infor ?

    ok sorry to bring this gearbox issue up again,

    but mine is getting very very slack, i can easy move it about when in gear, which it never used to . and now im getting a 1/2mm movement in 2nd/4th/6th

    i mean i can not see it moving ''as watching the road of course '' but can feel once i have changed the gear apply some throttle it move's 1/2mm , this has only just started since fitting my FMIC so im guessing here, that due to the more torque im getting the gear box is under more strain.


    i read some where on here that if you catch your gear box early , change the bearings etc it will save your gear box ? is this true ?

    if so what would you suggest? any idea's of cost ?


    any helpful infor would be very grateful.

    kind regard's

    paul
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

    '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

  • #2
    I bought a bearing kit off a company but had 1 bearing wrong in the kit so sending back monday for replacement,the kit cost me £270 if I remem.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by marky999 View Post
      I bought a bearing kit off a company but had 1 bearing wrong in the kit so sending back monday for replacement,the kit cost me £270 if I remem.

      thank's for the reply marky, £270 id be happy to pay that, what's the name of this company mate ? and what's the spec of bearigs you asked for ?

      have you had a quote of fitting ?

      again thank's for the reply/infor marky

      p,s wat problems are you having? or are you trying playing it safe like i am ?
      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

      '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

      Comment


      • #4
        im sure as autocare supply and fit the bearings for around £300ish

        http://www.asautocare.co.uk/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joeh View Post
          im sure as autocare supply and fit the bearings for around £300ish

          http://www.asautocare.co.uk/

          thank's for that mate, will give them a ring see what they say
          ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

          '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes mate I put a post up when I had mine done at asautocare. I had the movement in 1st and 3rd so took it there and was about £330 and seems to have fixed the issue.

            My car will always go to asautocare now. Great group there and always seem willing to help as well. Recommend them for any probs or mods you need as they know there vauxhalls as good as anyone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
              thank's for that mate, will give them a ring see what they say
              no problem....great guys ..done my v3's and service etc.....speak to andy or dave

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                Yes mate I put a post up when I had mine done at asautocare. I had the movement in 1st and 3rd so took it there and was about £330 and seems to have fixed the issue.

                My car will always go to asautocare now. Great group there and always seem willing to help as well. Recommend them for any probs or mods you need as they know there vauxhalls as good as anyone.


                cheer's mate , sound like a great bunch of lads, like most thing's in life living in Newcastle, they are to far away, ''goggled'' 170 miles


                so think it's a case of ringing about, to find the cheapest place to buy OEM GM bearings , or are there upgraded bearings out there ?

                again cheer's for the reply/infor
                ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

                '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by joeh View Post
                  no problem....great guys ..done my v3's and service etc.....speak to andy or dave
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

                  '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X