This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new vxr

hey basically i've just brought myself a Astra VXR i'm only 20 i want to start modifying it, nothing too outragious yet, thinking about new exhaust maybe whats the best one to go for at the moment? and quite cheap ? many thanks josh.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    The best exhaust IMO, has to be the Remus, but cheap it ain't.
    Others will always say different on exhausts, as it's personal preference
    sigpic
    THE GREEN HELL CLUB NURBURGRING 2010

Comment

If it's out of warranty mate and you want a brand new exhaust I'd go with the Scorpion as I'm sure it's the cheapest at around £700. If you're not bothered about buying brand new then get a second hand exhaust, theres a few in the Astra for sale section around £500 I'm sure

Enjoy the car
      sigpic
      Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
      Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Ohh dont worry this car is very very good... very enjoying it already yeah thanks for the advise what else is the best thing to do to it aswell ? already got a private number plate which looks great

Comment

Easy cheap stuff, but enhancements, if not already done.
          1).Debadge and remove Astra wording on rear,
          2).VXR in front grill.
          3).Cruise control stalk and switch on
          sigpic

Comment

Before you start make sure it has got decent tyres on it. Then like Sven said do the easy cheap bits like removing the 'astra' and the griffin off the boot.

Loads of choice for the exhaust. They come up used quite often. Other good mods are sillicone hoses and a panel filter.

Comment

yeah its got cruise control already was lucky enough to get a top spec model
              the rear is already debadged just the astra remains.. how do you take it off without damaging the car?

Comment

Hairdryer and a credit card or other thin sharp edged tool and it will come off.
                Take your time and it won't damage the strip
                sigpic

Comment

thats very very clever thank you!

Comment

hello and welcome to the site mate.

oh the joy's of modding,

with the astra vxr it never ever ends mate, new things are still getting made, so what ever you buy now will be old new next year lol.

but all serous , it all depends on your budget, what you want to do to the car

best advice i can give is do a lot i mean a lot of research on any thing you want to buy,

every 1 is different, as exhaust's can give a totally different sound/preformace than other etc , same goes with engine mods/ remaps etc etc

like said research is your friend mate.

but here a little to wet your appetite

3'' exhaust '' is best piper/scorpion/blue flame/cobra but you can always get a custom 3'' made

suspension on the astra vxr was developed by lotus, so unless you want to some very serous driving/track , leave the shock's alone, upgrade the spring's, ''DAP-R'' are the only spring developed for our cars, many many use them and are happy.

rarb rear anti roll bar, this will help keep the car from having that bout feeling going around bends, more planted. is a MUST mod

LSD/DIFF, limited slip deferential, instead of only having 1 wheel give you power/grip have 2.

the vxr brakes are good enough standard map , but if your upping the power , best to upgrade the brakes, many many different set up out there .

18'' wheel's will give the car better handling/response

tyre's are a MASSIVE factor on thse cars as only being front wheel drive, and have all the power , so a goo set of tyres on these car's help's a massive amount .

then it's looking after your car. oil temp gauge, as it need's to be 80 degrees before you can give you car the beans and protect it.

AFR air flow ratio , long story short, this is by far the bast mod, if tunning your car, or not, this gauge will tell you if you car is getting starved of petrol ''LEAN'' VERY BAD , or running ''RICH'' getting to much fuel not good,

there are endless mods that will do different things, but each to there own. the above is a must on 90% of car not just vxr's

like said research is your friend.

also enjoy the car as it is, as its a very good car.

hth mate enjoy the forum as there are some great people on here willing to help .

paul

p,s dont reject BBB lol
                    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                      hello and welcome to the site mate.

oh the joy's of modding,

with the astra vxr it never ever ends mate, new things are still getting made, so what ever you buy now will be old new next year lol.

but all serous , it all depends on your budget, what you want to do to the car

best advice i can give is do a lot i mean a lot of research on any thing you want to buy,

every 1 is different, as exhaust's can give a totally different sound/preformace than other etc , same goes with engine mods/ remaps etc etc

like said research is your friend mate.

but here a little to wet your appetite

3'' exhaust '' is best piper/scorpion/blue flame/cobra but you can always get a custom 3'' made

suspension on the astra vxr was developed by lotus, so unless you want to some very serous driving/track , leave the shock's alone, upgrade the spring's, ''DAP-R'' are the only spring developed for our cars, many many use them and are happy.

rarb rear anti roll bar, this will help keep the car from having that bout feeling going around bends, more planted. is a MUST mod

LSD/DIFF, limited slip deferential, instead of only having 1 wheel give you power/grip have 2.

the vxr brakes are good enough standard map , but if your upping the power , best to upgrade the brakes, many many different set up out there .

18'' wheel's will give the car better handling/response

tyre's are a MASSIVE factor on thse cars as only being front wheel drive, and have all the power , so a goo set of tyres on these car's help's a massive amount .

then it's looking after your car. oil temp gauge, as it need's to be 80 degrees before you can give you car the beans and protect it.

AFR air flow ratio , long story short, this is by far the bast mod, if tunning your car, or not, this gauge will tell you if you car is getting starved of petrol ''LEAN'' VERY BAD , or running ''RICH'' getting to much fuel not good,

there are endless mods that will do different things, but each to there own. the above is a must on 90% of car not just vxr's

like said research is your friend.

also enjoy the car as it is, as its a very good car.

hth mate enjoy the forum as there are some great people on here willing to help .

paul

p,s dont reject BBB lol
                      Well put Paul
                      sigpic
                      Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                      Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
                        Well put Paul
                        haha not bad after a sunday drink pmsl
                        ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

thank you very much for your advise alot of ideas to take in there but im sure i'll do best for the car

Comment

Also leave some money in the pot for the insurance increase.

Comment

i payed of my insurance in a oner.... would that make a differance...

Comment

Working...
                              X