Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

discs and pads

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • discs and pads

    ok guys need a few questions answered plz...i will be making a call to dt the morra to get the black discs and redstuff pads...i also want braided lines so what ones are most common and where do i buy...also wanting to upgrade the fluid so again whats the best to get and how much will i need...i will be ordering a rocker cover from vx does the gasket come with it and do i need anything else im sure i read about seals....all will be ordered the morra guys so help appreciated...
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

    Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

  • #2
    cant help with the brakes but i dont think the rocker cover will come with a new gasket, when you get the gasket you get little o rings for around the bolt holes i think

    can i ask why your getting a brand new one? would a second one not do assuming your painting it
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

    Comment


    • #3
      been trying to get a second hand one m8 but they dont come up that often...
      ..... gone but not forgotten.....

      Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

      Comment


      • #4
        do you go on astra owners club? theres one on there for 65 ill find a link

        http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=314545

        actually looks it may be sold
        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

        Comment


        • #5
          looked on epc looks like the gasket does come with the cover when bought new
          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

          Comment


          • #6
            just fitted front and rear ebc ultimax discs to my mk4 gsi(running vxr front brakes and stock rear)along with oe pads and very impressed,had courts 16 groove vxr discs and yellowstuff pads before(not that impressed!)
            not alot of peaple seem to like the redstuff pads,and go for the yellowstuff instead..got the discs from tweeks.
            on the brake fluid i have just bought some ate super blue dot4 for my up and coming fluid change(great reviews)and its blue so easy to see when bleeding..hth?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
              do you go on astra owners club? theres one on there for 65 ill find a link

              http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=314545

              actually looks it may be sold
              cheers sent him a pm anyway
              Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
              looked on epc looks like the gasket does come with the cover when bought new
              ok will find out the morra anyway thx
              Originally posted by slim-shany View Post
              just fitted front and rear ebc ultimax discs to my mk4 gsi(running vxr front brakes and stock rear)along with oe pads and very impressed,had courts 16 groove vxr discs and yellowstuff pads before(not that impressed!)
              not alot of peaple seem to like the redstuff pads,and go for the yellowstuff instead..got the discs from tweeks.
              on the brake fluid i have just bought some ate super blue dot4 for my up and coming fluid change(great reviews)and its blue so easy to see when bleeding..hth?
              thx for your input was looking at this fluid anyone used it...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motul-RBF600-R...item4159a1ca92
              ..... gone but not forgotten.....

              Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

              Comment


              • #8
                how much do braided brake lines go for?

                ive got a set ive never fitted, its either the front braided lines from courtenay sport and the backs are from the k-sport 8 pot kit,

                or

                the fronts are from the k-sport kit and the backs are from courts,

                how much should i expect to get?
                Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                  how much do braided brake lines go for?

                  ive got a set ive never fitted, its either the front braided lines from courtenay sport and the backs are from the k-sport 8 pot kit,

                  or

                  the fronts are from the k-sport kit and the backs are from courts,

                  how much should i expect to get?
                  i take it they are all standard fitment if so pm me what your looking for them...
                  ..... gone but not forgotten.....

                  Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ok discs and pads are ordered had to go with turbo grooved as black dashes rears were not in stock and got some LOCKHEED BRAKE FLUID DOT 5.1 (AS SUPPLIED IN AP BRAKE KITS) springs are here full service and few other things
                    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

                    Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      did you sort out a rocker cover
                      2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yes just ordered one i get it a cost price but need to wait few days for it...
                        ..... gone but not forgotten.....

                        Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jigger View Post
                          yes just ordered one i get it a cost price but need to wait few days for it...
                          cool theres one just turned up on ebay, always the way
                          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yeah i seen it but he wants to let the auction run unless i want to pay £500 lol
                            ..... gone but not forgotten.....

                            Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jigger View Post
                              yeah i seen it but he wants to let the auction run unless i want to pay £500 lol

                              what was it made out of gold lol
                              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

                              '' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X