This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power Of Dreams

This is my first posting here so hi to everyone.
    Firstly let me say that i shouldnt actually be here at all , i should be on the Honda sites i have been on for the last 4 months. They all know me at Honda , they even know me at head office as the guy that insists on being one of the first owners of the new civic type r when it arrives. Im on the top 50 list , im so lucky , i even have the special edition concept poster released in Japan. The call came to state that providing i paid a predeposit (without actually seeing the car) then i was guaranteed one of the first batch upon arrival. "Nothing else can compare" im told , nothing
    can go wrong i thought , but it has , it so has!
    It went wrong on July 30th at Excel as soon as i pulled up on the courtesy bus. All i could see upon arrival were posters and billboards with this red Exocet missile on them with the words "R.I.P G.T.I" . Good marketing i thought catches the eye!
    Still i felt sick with the anticipation of seeing my pearlescent white japanese bullet at the Honda stand in all its geisha glory.
    I entered the show and brushed past Fords S andwich T oaster with all the oiks measuring up for their subs and lightning strips then i swiftly past the yellow Leon dairylea lump of cheese when it hit me...I could see it winking and beckoning me from afar.. THE RED ROCKET!!!
    Nostalgia came flooding back from the early 90s when i was heavily involved in the 205 gti club of great britain.
    I had a brand new 1.9 cherry red gti at the age of 23. G208DEV was my pride and joy. She d had more washes than my socks. Partners had come and partners had gone , the car remained. "Its me or the car" they d scream , "we d never part " i said with me in my bed and you in the garage. We d been round Silverstone together and won concourse trophys , we d remained together for 8 loyal years. She eventually got a good home with a race technician from Arrows.
    That feeling was back and it was back with avengance!!!
    After 2 hours of sniffing the seats of the Astra and carresing the exhaust security asked me to move on. "Ive only just got here" i protested , "not according to that camera" he replied. He informed me that officially i was the only visitor security had watched reappearing back out from underneath a car at the show. I was proud of this. He said in his opinion "You need help son" but i informed him i had read the statistical figures on the board by the bonnet and was fine. The urban girls could not seperate me from my new love , Hondas balloon had risen and popped , Jenson Button was finally dropped!
    This car i was standing by symbolized a hand grenade on a wet road of plastic daisys, like a thief in the night the Wyatt Earp of the wild west. It looked mental...
    Security finally moved me on and i finally visited the Honda stand with stringy bits hanging everywhere. I was not impressed , not a Jap in sight. I visited the car blew off on it and walked away. That was it , they knew id been , i knew id left. It was no longer the power of my dream. Freddie Kreuger had hijacked mine in his vxr. I cant sleep now!!!
    Im so gutted im financially tied until November before i can place an order. This wasnt meant to happen. Still it will give me time to do the groundwork and my many queries will pop up here regarding this car i know little about. They say great things come to those who wait.

Now is it me or is a car just a car?
    A to B isnt that it?
    Wouldnt the likes of Thorney and Milltek be selling beaded car seats and airfresheners if it were.
    Instead they give us the dreams and pleasures of reaching mars quicker than the russians!
    If a car was just a car surely i would buy a Kia Picanto and be done with it.
    No its much more than that , its a way of life...
    Your a long time dead.

So my dilemma is where do i hide when the phone calls and e-mails start , because they will soon.
    The embarrasment and shame of the timewasteing and having to face the music!
    "Oh hi Honda , you see me nan cooked her handbag and i lost your number and ive had bad itchy teeth and an ingrowing eyelid!!!
    Nope im just going to have to be brutally honest and tell them what the doctor in Luton told me ,
    "You have a rare case of VAUXilious VXRious and its catching!"
    Im afraid your dreams are no longer mine ,
    SORRY..................................
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Well after that a very warm welcome to the world of VXR, guess you may want one then?

Comment

Wow, nice read. Are you a writer???

Welcome to the site Marc.

While I'm sure the new CTR will be very good I already know the VXR is very good and a joy and a pleasure to drive. I'm lovely it more and more everyday. I'm already a VXRoholic but don't worry. Stick with us and we'll help you though it. A problem shared.... :wink:

Comment

Blimey, like poetry

say goodbye....

johnny
        Last edited by Heavenly; 2 October 2008, 09:22 PM.
        Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

A car is both a car and a way of life! You can use any car to get from A-B, but when you need to go to or via C, then that’s when you really appreciate the VXR!

It is a Monster!

Even your nightmare snatcher, Freddie, is scared of the VXR, that’s why he drove away with your dream as slow as the funeral director driving the hearse away from Jason’s graveside.

I don't mean to insult you or anything as a Gent like yourself with the writing quality you have just demonstrated is obviously a very savvy and cleaver guy.

But the New Honda is an absolutely ridiculous looking car and in white? Oh my goodness that makes it look even worse. Like the little fat virgin girl with the bright orange hair that would be likely to remain a virgin for life! She would never be getting a ride from me, even if she had the strong & lovely heart and personality of the VXR or even the Golf R32.

Sorry my friend!

But there is light at the end of your tunnel.

You sound like you have made your mind up! Get yourself into an Astra VXR!(any colour). It will be worth the money AND the wait and when you pull up to the traffic lights in the VXR and you look to your left and see the boy in his new Honda, you'll wipe the cold sweat from your forehead and say to yourself, "praise the lord! That could have been me driving that". And as you see him if in the distance of your rear view mirror, you will then realise that time and money is absolutely nothing when your love affair and way of life is boosted with and by the VXR.

Cheers

The VXR is the beloved possession of good and deserving people. If you are either of these, treat yourself.

Comment

Lots of good writers in this thread im not !

Get one...

Get Thorney to fiddle with its bitz

and get something like this

BYE BYE Honda :P

Andy

Comment

Unfortunately i am not a writer but do work in the print/media sector. I will be writing a diary of my journey to purchase the vxr in November. I feel it should be a pleasureable experience and will be contacting a couple of publications to see if they are interested in "a general member of the publics point of view" and trust me i have visited 2 dealerships so far , one was superb and a credit to Vauxhall and one was scandalous and insulted me and i walked out disgusted. Still i have now had a test drive and MY GOD the thrust of the beast , and it was wet conditions. The type r always had the feeling of we will get there in a second and whoosh time to change gear again. It always had niggled in my mind that the vtec although a superb engine in its own right does not deliver the power in a practical way and a downshift was always the order of the day.
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Wow just found my first posts ever...lol
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

You've been on this site 1 day longer than me!

Comment

That first post is nicely written mate thats a real talent you have there Marc.....
                    Mini Cooper S
                    Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

I still say that the Civic Type R is a very good looking car, and in white, 2 years ahead of it's time
                      sigpic

Comment

Marc, i remember this post so vividly, mostly because I could relate to how you felt about the 205!!..absolute classic thread especially with sparkys comments!!

Comment

Originally posted by too-fast View Post
                          Lots of good writers in this thread im not !

Get one...

Get Thorney to fiddle with its bitz

and get something like this

BYE BYE Honda :P

Andy
                          Thorneys boys fiddled with my bits today and it was better than this pmsl infact it was 251 standard...lol....
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                            Wow just found my first posts ever...lol
                            you had your head in the glue pot marc

Comment

Working...
                            X