• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamscience help please

is it right i can not run the ds with an exhaust with no cats

nop who told you that...
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

someone said on an old post i put up that when they wrote the map it had to have a sportscat??????? now my 3"cobra had none and it was not pulling right and was backfiring alot so put the old zaust on and it still did it abit so changed the plugs and its fine now,so just want to know if i can put my 3"cobra on and will it run ok without backfiring and missing through 2/3gear cos it is costing all the time i have to change it.thanks dave

Comment

anyone?

Comment

im sure johnny had no cats on his when he was running ds and no probs pity hes sold up or you could have pmd him...

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

just for experience i manged to get a DS handheld unit ( cos ive always wanted to know ) running it in my stage 3 car..and no problems so far.. i must say what a great map, pulls hard ..i am compering it with the EDS tunes that is..

Comment

Originally posted by HSVXR View Post
              just for experience i manged to get a DS handheld unit ( cos ive always wanted to know ) running it in my stage 3 car..and no problems so far.. i must say what a great map, pulls hard ..i am compering it with the EDS tunes that is..
              Yeah the DS is quite aggressive, even the (smooth) ulitima map is agressive .... BUT in a GOOD way

James

sigpic
              MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Originally posted by insanejim69 View Post
                Yeah the DS is quite aggressive, even the (smooth) ulitima map is agressive .... BUT in a GOOD way

James

Yes this is what i have experienced with the DS ultima tune..i must say love the power delivery ..

Comment

I call it my steam train map .... as it just pulls and pulls and pulls I do alot of town driving lately with the odd A road so Ultima is best for me ..... I have tried Race and the Race + (you kind have to) but they are very aggressive maps, Race is actually a good map on a good copuntry A road, but around town not for me

James

sigpic

Comment

i didnt feel like the race was that good ( power wise ) i loaded the race + and that was just crazy !! i didnt get to play with that tune for long ( less than an hour ) but i think i should try it again for abit longer to see ..just seems to boost to much,

Comment

The funny thing is power wise ..... there is not alot of difference between the Ultima, Race and Race + .... its all to do with the way the power and torque is delivered. ....... but the Ultima is one hell of a mpa .... a fantastic all rounder for sure Mid range pull is amazing ....... you really can feel the torque difference over standard.

James

sigpic

Comment

yea thats right...loving the ultima tune thats for sure...and coming from a guy thats used the EDS 315ps tune and the DS ultima tune feels alot more powerful..

Comment

I've only ever ran the Ultima map with mine, and I've only got a precat replacement pipe and cat back exhaust on mine. Was looking to go for an open cone with a CDTi type direct feed hose and maybe an intercooler (for the temperatures out here)

I've always been very happy with my DS map and I was (literally) one of the first to get it (even before it was launched to the general public) it was just a small minority of TMS brown nosers (and I think Jon from TMS had the odd comment in there too) about the maps popping turbos etc. Well, mines been on since before it was launched (30,000+ miles ago) on the same turbo and it's (funnily enough) still going strong as are many many others!

Genuine shame they were constantly slagged off though, when you see some of the reults the ford lads are getting it's a shame they shelved VXR development because of an idiotic few.
                          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
                            I've only ever ran the Ultima map with mine, and I've only got a precat replacement pipe and cat back exhaust on mine. Was looking to go for an open cone with a CDTi type direct feed hose and maybe an intercooler (for the temperatures out here)

I've always been very happy with my DS map and I was (literally) one of the first to get it (even before it was launched to the general public) it was just a small minority of TMS brown nosers (and I think Jon from TMS had the odd comment in there too) about the maps popping turbos etc. Well, mines been on since before it was launched (30,000+ miles ago) on the same turbo and it's (funnily enough) still going strong as are many many others!

Genuine shame they were constantly slagged off though, when you see some of the reults the ford lads are getting it's a shame they shelved VXR development because of an idiotic few.
                            that really sucks!! i wish they made more maps like the fords have....

Comment

watch this space....

Comment

Working...
                              X