This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre console backlights

Sat in a VXR for the first time tonight and was extremely disappointed with the interior especially the centre console instruments' cheap looking orange backlights. Would it be an easy enough job to change them? (sorry if this has been covered)

Was nearly enough to put me right off the car especially as I'd just come out of a 197 clio, but the exterior more than makes up for it.

Re: Centre console backlights

Originally posted by Dave
    Sat in a VXR for the first time tonight and was extremely disappointed with the interior especially the centre console instruments' cheap looking orange backlights. Would it be an easy enough job to change them? (sorry if this has been covered)

Was nearly enough to put me right off the car especially as I'd just come out of a 197 clio, but the exterior more than makes up for it.
    I take it you obviously didnt get a drive in it then, cos if you did you wouldnt have felt like you do. The interior is the weakest point of the astra, alhtough it is STILL good. It just may not be as good as other interiors. As for the 197, I drove it last week and hated everything about it. It is tired, it strains at high revs and as usual it is full of plastic both in and out. The styling is atrocious, two tiny exhaust pipes hidden under a "Fisher Price" style corrugated plastic "thing". The front and sides are also blessd with £1.99 black plastic "things". The seats are typical Renault, you may as well buy a set of furry dice.

Comment

look on astra-sport.co.uk as there was a post about it, might have been on here, cant remember but deff on astra-sport

Comment

I totally agree mate! I think that there was absolutely no thought put into the orange lights, especially when you look at the nice lights behind the dials.

BUT and its a massive BUT - The car drives like a f*&king dream!
        Take a drive and the orange wont matter one jot!

But you can change them.

Probably quite a bit of work though

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1236

http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74724

Comment

[quote="Police_Drivereverything about it. It is tired, it strains at high revs and as usual it is full of plastic both in and out. The styling is atrocious, two tiny exhaust pipes hidden under a "Fisher Price" style corrugated plastic "thing". The front and sides are also blessd with £1.99 black plastic "things". The seats are typical Renault, you may as well buy a set of furry dice.[/quote]

You may be right about the Clio, but the VXR also sadly has 2 £1.99 platics things on it -they are on the rear and black fake honeycombed.....

As for the lights, there as few of us looking to upgrade to either red or blue LED interoirs- i think its just a case of one person taking the plunge to let us know how difficult it is to do..

After my cool blue Golf the orange lighting is a bit disappointing, but the rest of the interoir is great I think...

Comment

Originally posted by SiFire

You may be right about the Clio, but the VXR also sadly has 2 £1.99 platics things on it -they are on the rear and black fake honeycombed.....

I have replaced these with carbon fibre, looks a lot better imo,

would like to laquer them though, anyone know if you can laquer carbon fibre ?

Comment

I think the silver Dash board panel would look good if it matched the carbon fibre look of the trims on the doors!

Does anyone know if this can be done? or anyone who sells the bits?

Comment

Working...
              X