X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question - Error Code????

Hey guys

Just been out in the car and checked the error codes and it has come up with '124358'.

I've had a quick look on the error codes thread which says the following:
    • P1243 turbocharger bypass solenoid valve voltage too large C-033
      P1243 turbocharger bypass solenoid valve voltage too small C-033
      P1243 turbocharger bypass solenoid valve open circuit C-033
      P1243 turbocharger bypass valve not in the target area C-033
    Does anyone have any ideas what this could be before I disconnect the battery to see if the code comes back up??

Forgot to mention the car doesn't feel any different.

Cheers
    Last edited by Richarl_VXR; 7 June 2011, 09:24 PM.
    Arden Blue Astra VXR '57' private plate, 19's, Keyless, AFL Xenons+leds, Sight&Light, Alpine W502 Double-din headunit, Percy's oil restrictor bolt, PPP , Opel grill, Scorpion 3" , Forge recirc valve, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline adjustable rarb, Custom Intercooler, Colour-coded fog rings, White Carbon Fibre roof, grill & boot strip.

boost control solenoid.

Comment

I asked this the other day. One person said they changed a sensor, another said it kept coming back whatever they do.

Not much help eh lol. (I still have the code and just hope it's not doing any damage anywhere because I'm not paying £70 per hour for the thieves to 'look at it' and probably not find anything!
      VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

id change the BCS first, its around £25 from vaux.

also check all vacuum hoses, and get a boost gauge to see whats its boosting to aswell, incase the boost is not in the target area as said by the sensor,, overboost or underboost conditions, also could be vacuum hose problem.

Comment

cheers lads

Jay what should I do with this. Would you recommend a new one or leave it?? Will it affect the running etc etc??
          Arden Blue Astra VXR '57' private plate, 19's, Keyless, AFL Xenons+leds, Sight&Light, Alpine W502 Double-din headunit, Percy's oil restrictor bolt, PPP , Opel grill, Scorpion 3" , Forge recirc valve, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline adjustable rarb, Custom Intercooler, Colour-coded fog rings, White Carbon Fibre roof, grill & boot strip.

Comment

yes, may be the reason for 260 odd hp?

id change it for what its worth, i put a new one on mine when i got the new turbo just to be sure.

whats hapening is the bcs is either knackered, or its seeing not enough pressure or too little pressure. if its knackered it needs changing, if a vacuum hose has come off or anything which will cause this error, actuator knackered maybe, vacuum hose off/split may also throw this error code. so you want to be checking all of these things and get a new BCS if you dont find any problems.

Comment

what jay says is right but have you tried pressing cltr,alt & delete at the same time?

Comment

I find that ctrl F4 seems to fix it better
                VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

how did you find it rich do you do regular pedel checks?

Comment

Originally posted by jwfcms View Post
                    yes, may be the reason for 260 odd hp?

id change it for what its worth, i put a new one on mine when i got the new turbo just to be sure.

whats hapening is the bcs is either knackered, or its seeing not enough pressure or too little pressure. if its knackered it needs changing, if a vacuum hose has come off or anything which will cause this error, actuator knackered maybe, vacuum hose off/split may also throw this error code. so you want to be checking all of these things and get a new BCS if you dont find any problems.
                    Nice one Jay, I'll have a look round tomorrow to see if there are any split hoses or any that have come off and then go from there. I think I'm going to order a BCS anyway if they aren't that expensive, just for piece of mind. I might need you to work your magic on testing for leaks.

Is there any other way you can test your actuator without a boost guage?

Sorry for all the questions and me being thick mate.

Comment

Originally posted by 7om View Post
                      how did you find it rich do you do regular pedel checks?
                      I do try and do regular checks on my pedal

How bout you lol

Comment

Originally posted by Richarl_VXR View Post
                        I do try and do regular checks on my pedal

How bout you lol
                        never mate..maybe you could test it for me?

Comment

I could test it for you on Saturday ....

.... If you can wait that long

Comment

stop flirting with me rich its just wrong

Comment

its not me mate ive only just this sec come on it was charl

Sorry only joking flower

Comment

Working...
                              X