X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• precat question

hi
    i have notcied alot of post regarding the mod of precat pipe.
    is this mod worth wile when still runnign a standard exhaust system?
    i was planning on spend the money on a DV for mine but if this mod is more worth while i may be temted/swayed lol
    thanks in advance
    T12KY

very worth while! gives you pops and best cheap horse power mod
    VXRED

Dap-r & wheels so far, plenty more to come!

Comment

very worth it, check the for sale section i have an almost brand new one
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S600TJT View Post
        very worth while! gives you pops and best cheap horse power mod

Comment

its my next mod
          58 arden vxr gloss black snowflakes,gloss black diffusser and carbon boot strip,boost gauge and scangauge2,blue hoses,k&n panel filter,cobra cat back zorst cobra precat downpipe,forge recirc,dreamscience ultima,cool running thermostat,txa front mount cooler,273bhp.sports cat coming next

Comment

I recommend this mod to anyone with a standard vxr! Alot of people on here as well would say the same!

I got mine off eBay, £60 brand new! It was a bidding one!

This one ends in 3 hours

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-GSI-VXR-...c#ht_821wt_922

This one 6 days

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZAFIRA-ASTRA-Z...e#ht_954wt_922

Get bidding and hope to see a post soon
            2nd silver astra VXR - tinted windows, piper exhaust, 2nd decat coming soon! maybe a stage 2 remap

Comment

The last one from 2fast2cool2 is what i've just had fitted and would highly recomended it and got it for £60.05.......Bargain

Exhaust sounds a bit deeper with a few pops.......lots of smiles

Comment

Originally posted by watoo vxr View Post
                The last one from 2fast2cool2 is what i've just had fitted and would highly recomended it and got it for £60.05.......Bargain

Exhaust sounds a bit deeper with a few pops.......lots of smiles

Same as me brilliant deal and good product with a good clean weld, what more could you ask for?
                2nd silver astra VXR - tinted windows, piper exhaust, 2nd decat coming soon! maybe a stage 2 remap

Comment

Originally posted by Simon-VXR View Post
                  Same as me brilliant deal and good product with a good clean weld, what more could you ask for?
                  + it doesn't hit the sump like a lot of other ones........1 went for £51.10 a few week since

Comment

thanks for all the comment.
                    i seen the one in for sale section but i cant reply yet as im new to the site.
                    i am now offically 'on the hunt' for one ha ha ha
                    also am i rite in thinking the pipe just removes the first cat?as i have read the vxr runs two cats in the system.
                    feel free to shoot me down if i am wrong :P
                    thanks again
                    T12KY

Comment

Spot on mate

Comment

thanks VXRBats
                        is it worth while decating both cat sections while still running a standard system ?

Comment

That i'm not too sure of, no doubt you'll get some jumping in momentarily telling you that full de-cat systems are illegal....

My opinion would be you'd be better off getting a full turbo back system than full decat on standard exhaust, will cost you a bit more but a far better mod in the long run

hope this helps

Comment

yeah know what you mean mate but cash is always the problem ha ha
                            how much would a full turbo back system includeing both de-cat sections cost? (roughly)
                            thanks

Comment

Erm, depends if you want second hand or brand new and what make. I've seen second hand systems going for about 4-500 quid on here recently although these usually have a sport cat in which is a better option unless you happen know an MOT tester

Brand new you're looking anywhere upto 1200 quid really, there was a guy on here the other day saying he will be getting hold of some scorpion systems and knocking them out for about 600 quid i think it was so may be worth having a chat with him to see what the deal is for a full decat. Think his name was vxrtommy or something like that.

EDIT - There you go mate http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...exhaust-anyone this is the guy

Comment

Working...
                              X