Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Size Spare Wheel..Where can I find this piece of foam that raises the boot floor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Size Spare Wheel..Where can I find this piece of foam that raises the boot floor

Hi, as per this link on ebay, someone is selling a spare wheel kit for an astra H / vxr, he has in the picture a piece of foam that apparently is a GM Part to raise the boot floor, now I have a piece of MDF which I custom cut which is really heavy to raise my floor, Iv'e never seen this part before and I want one to get rid of this heavy MDF so has anyone seen it before or know if it really is GM part or custom part or know the part number & price?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Astra-VXR-19-i...#ht_500wt_1156

Thanks, Matt.
    MattieB29
    VXRacing ahead
    Last edited by MattieB29; 8 June 2011, 07:27 PM.
    sigpic
    Rest-In-Peace 'James Tierney' 18.9.1991 - 16.10.2010
    Rest-In-Paradise Angel, 'Kirsty Malin' 5.12.1990 - 21.8.2010
    "Out The Way 4|2 Commando RM Taliban Hunter VXR Coming Through"

You could custom fit a piece of foam or kingspan board, from most builders merchants.
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
      You could custom fit a piece of foam or kingspan board, from most builders merchants.
      Kingspan it will smell like fish in his boot lol or is it celotex that smells funky.

Comment

Celotex lol polystyrene could also be used and it weighs nothing
        sigpic

Comment

lol i was thinking polystyrene i think that can come from jewsons or thermal board or something

Comment

If asking for Polystyrene from a merchants ask for Jablite, and when you have cut it to sixe you could wrap it in some flock or fabric vinyl stuff
            sigpic

Comment

there is a weird foam thing you can get ive got one in mine (only found out yesterday i have no spare!!)

Comment

Where does it say that it is a GM part? Ive never seen this on EPC, infact just had another look, still cant see it! Must be a custom job.

Comment

I made mine myself out of polistyrene board. Just made a template out of Cardboard then cut the Foam. Although I will say to fit a full size spare wheel in the well I had to let some are out (not an issue as I can just pump it up with the compressor before fitting!

Comment

That insert is home made.
                    The curve is not not quite right, looks hand cut to me
                    sigpic
                    THE GREEN HELL CLUB NURBURGRING 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X