This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front seats weight?

Im looking to replace the front seats with these from LMF: http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Corbeau...-RRS-Seat.html

As they have all the runners and subframes so less hassle. I see these are 31kg, but what are the originals? Is it much of a weight saving?

i'm not looking for opinions about how ***** they look or anything like that, just some facts and figures please.

Believe the standards are around 60kgs for both seats.
    I see dumb people.......
    .....they're everywhere
    .....they walk around like everyone else
    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
      Believe the standards are around 60kgs for both seats.
      Cheers. So no saving at all then ffs

Comment

You only save weight by fitting lighter fixed posstions as they weigh around 13kgs each with all the fixings.
        I see dumb people.......
        .....they're everywhere
        .....they walk around like everyone else
        .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
          You only save weight by fitting lighter fixed posstions as they weigh around 13kgs each with all the fixings.
          understood, thanks.

Comment

theres loads of other seats which are lighter ie recaro cs or speeds ..
            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
              theres loads of other seats which are lighter ie recaro cs or speeds ..
              Aye but its the price

Comment

speeds can be had cheap..those cobras look good mate ....
                WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

there's some nice cobras in the corsa for sale section but she wants corsa seats..... deal?

Comment

Standards are about. 32kg each

Pole positions and mounts and runners cone in at about 12kgs all in in mine

Massive weight saving and super comfy the pole positions

Comment

Im not really looking to remove the back seats for the harness though, i need to keep it a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab vxr View Post
                        Im not really looking to remove the back seats for the harness though, i need to keep it a daily driver.
                        I ran the pole positions and rear seats for a little while and with the right runners you can still run seat belts and pre tensioners.

Also with a adjustment to the runners an adult can still get in the back. And still maintaing the same bolt pattern.

Depends on how often you get people in the rear ??

You can deffo feel the difference and it makes the car amazing to drive can really drive it soooo much better .

Really feel what the car is doing through your behind and makes it much more enjoyable and quicker too

Comment

I have to fine balance it really, as a couple of times a year i take my grandparents away when they go on holiday, (i'm 38 so you can imagine there're no spring chickens ) so i cant make it too tricky to get in the back. So ideally it would have to be same sort of set up as OE, but lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab vxr View Post
                            I have to fine balance it really, as a couple of times a year i take my grandparents away when they go on holiday, (i'm 38 so you can imagine there're no spring chickens ) so i cant make it too tricky to get in the back. So ideally it would have to be same sort of set up as OE, but lighter.
                            Ahh I see fixed back not an option then. What about the recaro cs's

Depends on the budget though

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                              Ahh I see fixed back not an option then. What about the recaro cs's

Depends on the budget though
                              Brand new with the runners and frames, they are too much cash for me The other half would go berserk

Comment

Working...
                              X