This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral insurance ref mods

Just got off the phone to admiral. Seen that Courtenay have a special offer on adjustable rarbs (£149; special offers, pg 2) so asked for a few prices from my insurer. A non standard exhaust will cost an additional £24.78. Lowering springs less than 50mm also 24.78. Both mods £42.56. The rarb needs to be referred to underwriters as the don't have a category to put it in. Heard somewhere that admiral call a rarb a roll cage so charge hundreds. Won't be taking courtenays offer up then!

They won't cover an intercooler either. Too significant a mod with too much change to performance apparently!?

Happy with exhaust and springs cost though. Insurance not due for renewal till 8/1/12. That's about £3.40 a month (in my head)
    Last edited by VXRick1987; 9 June 2011, 10:25 PM.

They keep thinking the RARB was a roll cage and wanted to charge me 800 quid for 2 remaining months haha

I just switched to green light the more mods I've added the cheaper its got haha!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Was hoping to get a rarb in favour of springs as it's easier to fit. Looks like admiral are making me buy daps.

Few things on my wish list at the minute: 3" turbo back (loadsa money), springs, rarb, boost and oil temp gauges. If admiral won't cover the rarb I guess I'll get daps, then gauges just so I can keep on eye on things, the zorst. Got someone looking into a double din 3 gauge holder, single din stereo plus 3 gauges below, all one piece, piano black. Watch this space...

Comment

Originally posted by VXRick1987 View Post
        Was hoping to get a rarb in favour of springs as it's easier to fit. Looks like admiral are making me buy daps.

Got someone looking into a double din 3 gauge holder, single din stereo plus 3 gauges below, all one piece, piano black. Watch this space...
        Now that's something I could be interested in as well, consider this space watched...

Comment

Originally posted by VXRick1987 View Post
          Lowering springs less than 50mm also 24.78
          charged me £68 for springs on my old corsa!!!
          Last edited by moeman; 10 June 2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Been trying to work out how they come up with the numbers. With 7 months left its £24, so 10 months (10 month policy) would be £34. Total policy is £536. So each mod costs 6% of the policy. Just based that on the time left and made lots of assumptions but maybe that's why some people pay so much. 6% of £4500 is £270.

Just realised how sad I am for workin that out!

Comment

Admiral quoted me for an intercooler so I got one fitted it rang up to declare it and bang sorry can't do that! After alot of shouting and arguments later (as they were in the wrong, and I wasn't going to let it go lightly) they insured the intercooler to my renewal date. After that I won't get a renewal so green light here I come as of November.

Comment

i tried to get a quote through green light and they never got back to me
                Remus Cat Back down pipe, Dap Rs. 13.8 on 1/4 mile 259.7 bhp on the rollers STANDARD MAP!!!

Comment

Working...
                X