This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New air sucking noise. Paranoia?

I fitted a k&n panel installed a ds map and I've noticed a new noise. Sounds like a lot (A LOT) of air is being sucked in somewhere. It's probably good that this is happening and is supposed to but keep reading about cracked manifolds and turkey noises and am paranoid it's an issue. My old k&n cone on my focus st170 made the exhaust note change but this is all air-sounding as if a lot is bring drawn in somewhere.

Is there anything that could have come off or split that would make a lot of air rush in to somewhere it shouldn't?

is it not you can just hear your turbo spooling more due to mods...
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

That's what i told my mate when he asked. Couldn't really hear the turbo when standard, nothing like it is now anyway. It is a cool noise if its the turbo, really does suck a lot in. Want to get an oil temp, air/fuel ratio and boost gauge so I can keep an eye on things and not drive too had too soon.

Is there a sound clip of the infamous turkey noise? Only things I can think are that its the turbo or sone sort of pressurised/vacuum hose. Probably just paranoid.

Comment

i can sort you out for your 3 gauge trim also if it was turkey noise you would have lack of power also

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Is the loss of power all the time with the vac hose issue? Just been out to pick up a pizza, sure the car is fine. 2nd gear seems to be a bit lumpy with power delivery but only if I boot it. Think it's abs but have new tyres on the front so wouldn't have thought it would spin up that much but seems to. TC off from now on if I'm driving spiritedly I guess.

Comment

yes....

Comment

Working...
            X