This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few things i notcied turbowise since fitting exhaust

I fitted my 3" turbo back scorpion the other day and have noticed a few things since and wondered if anyone could explain why its happened?

Before exhaust my turbo gague would sit exactly on 20 for the vacuum when car is at idle and then around 15psi on boost.

since fitting my exhuast the vacuum is around 24 and is boosting at about 12-13psi. it like everything and hsifted downward, both vacuum and boost

is this normal? i suppose its because of the larger exahust and back pressure? and a map would sort this out?

it drives spot on i should add

thanks
    Gary
    sigpic

Do you mean -20 at idle? .
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Yes -20, but now its -23or -24
      sigpic

Comment

Mine sits at -20 when first start up, it drops to -25 once the car umis warm at idle, .
        Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

ah maybe its nothing to worry about then. what about the boosting? it use to be 15psi, and it sometimes is now but more often than not its about 13psi
          sigpic

Comment

Mine is stage 2, so, boost figures would be different - overboost 22, 18-19 holding, .

Comment

anyone have any ideas? 2nd gear always boost to 10psi, but 3rd 4th and 5th are normal boosting, and 6th is 10psi also?
              sigpic

Comment

To get a true boost figs you need to do a 4th gear pull. From ie 40mph all way to red line.

You will find on standard map boost figs not as high in first few gears, this is because its meant to be restricted in them gears. Even if you had a mapped car it still wouldnt reach its peak figs as it goes up the revs so quick, (because of the gear ratio) so its not really enough time for the turbo to build up enough pressure.

Comment

ah that makes me feel a bit better.

okay i will try the 4th gear pull and see the results.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X