This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats faster

whats faster? stage 3 astra or stage 1 vectra?

i own a stage 1 veccy vxr but have to admit i find it very boring so will soon be looking for something i can tinker around with and was contemplating the astra

would say the vec... but doubt there alot in it i may be wrong

Parts For Sale http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-bits-for-sale

Comment

how does a 300bhp astra vxr compare to a 300bhp astra gsi? i had a gsi before and it would skin a stage vectra without much worry

i know people run 330-340bhp on standard internals, is this safe? whats a std clutch good for?

thanks

Comment

350 is about the limit on standard internals. Clutch can take it (depent on how drive) but like the box it wont last.

Veccys are much better daily drive i miss my vectra, astra track maybe. How about upgrading to insgnia best of both with a exhaust and map. Or VXR8

Comment

Vec would have it as there is an abundance more torque, why not upgrade the vec?
          sigpic

Comment

id defo say the astra would be faster to 110ish, after that, no chance...the veccy vxrs pull like hell at top end!

Comment

if the 2 of them has the same power surely the astra will "use" it better if u know what i mean as its been modified therefore usualy modified is more effective, right?

Comment

Its lighter aswell! Stage 3 astra over stage 1 vectra anyday!

Comment

i think alot of us will underestimate the power of a stage 1 EDS veccy vxr, ive had one recently, and the thing is seriously insane.
                  i time each gear on a private airfield near my house
                  1st gear got up to 56, 2nd to 86-90, 3rd to 118-120, 4th to 146, 5th to 159, and 6th to 176 with lots of rev range left.
                  veccy vxr aint the 3rd or 4th fastest saloon car in the world for no reason.

and also, stage 1 veccy vxr have more power than a stage 3 vxr astra, alot more torque to.

Comment

The torque on a rolling car is what makes it, and the vec has it in abundance, the engine in the vec is all geared around torque,
                    I know its not what you want to hear but I think people underestimate the vec a lot
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trez View Post
                      i think alot of us will underestimate the power of a stage 1 EDS veccy vxr, ive had one recently, and the thing is seriously insane.
                      i time each gear on a private airfield near my house
                      1st gear got up to 56, 2nd to 86-90, 3rd to 118-120, 4th to 146, 5th to 159, and 6th to 176 with lots of rev range left.
                      veccy vxr aint the 3rd or 4th fastest saloon car in the world for no reason.

and also, stage 1 veccy vxr have more power than a stage 3 vxr astra, alot more torque to.
                      but then look at at
                      Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                      Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                      Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Do the power to weight ratio if they both have same power the astra will b faster the veccys r heavy cars

Comment

is the vec FWD?

Comment

depends if u want a rolling start or a standing start, ad say up until banning speeds, the astra would have it, however if u continue until jailing speeds then the vectra wins 10/10!

having owned both, its a tough call, although the torque of the veccy is alot more than the astra, the astra does feel more aggressive in pull (mayb the remus makes it seem faster also)
                            Originally posted by VXR Staff
                            Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                              is the vec FWD?
                              yeah the veccy is FWD mate
                              Originally posted by VXR Staff
                              Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

Working...