This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this cable?

Was looking under my car and noticed this loose cable, not plugged in anywhere:

IMG_0009.jpg

The photo is looking up into the engine bay from under the bumper, in front of the driver side wheel.

Cheers

looks like the cable for the fog light mate.

Comment

I'll go check that now cheers

Comment

Nope, all lights are working. I do however have an error code - 7072.

From my searching on here, 7072 is the temp sensor. Guess they forgot to plug it back in, muppets. Will it be easy to reach or will I have to jack it up?

Comment

Temp sensor sits in your lower grille and should be plugged in

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Cool, back in min, will see if I can reach it

Comment

aaaaand here's the rain. Guess I'll have to wait. Where exactly on the lowee grill is it?

Comment

i doubt it's the temp sensor that's on a loom passenger side. it looks like your horn, you can see where it plugs into in your pic. you have dual horns you can see 1 plugged in same 2 brown wires.
                Last edited by smokinvxr; 17 June 2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

thats looking like the plug for twin horns
                  the truth is out there
                  part GSI part VXR
                  tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Hmm, it is right next to what I think are the horns. I'll go check if the horn works or not lol

Comment

OK, yes it was the horns so I plugged it back in. I've still got the error code 007072 though. Also, the engine light flashes like so: 10-10-7-10 which is 0070. Is that a different code, or is it only flashing some of the numeric code that shows up on the trip display?

Comment

The light flashes? It should display the code in the mileage display
                        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

It does yeah. 007072 refers to the temp sensor, but the external temp is displaying fine. I'm just gonna disconnect the battery to reset it.

Comment

yeah horn as i can remember un plugging mine when fitting the cooler
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
                              It does yeah. 007072 refers to the temp sensor, but the external temp is displaying fine. I'm just gonna disconnect the battery to reset it.
                              Yeh it will be an old code from when they unplugged it when working on your car
                              2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X