This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra vxr air filter

hi guys, kinda new to this, i have a problem i have fitted a piper cross cold air feed induction kit to my astra vxr nurburgring, for a day or so it was fine and now it seem to be holding back and popping a lot and like it seems as if the turbo is not spinning up properly can any one help?

Take it off, and swap it back lol. Could be heat soak.

Comment

maybe your maf doesnt like it, you tried putting your standard air box back on to see if it sorts it?

welcome to online by the way

corsa arctic edition #257
      now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

O yeah forgot. The MAFs on these are funny things, Dont like ram air either, Or turbance.

Comment

Ive just had to oreder a new MAF. Try not to use oiled filters.

Comment

hi, thanks for the welcome dean, and beef, not yet i have not tried the original one, im gonna try and put the original back on, this piper cross one is ment to be a good one, but i dunno if to buy a brand new piper cross one and see if that works? this piper cross one i had come off my corsa vxr.

Comment

and sorry to ask whats maf?

Comment

Personally id keep the OE box, or put CDTI conversion on. Inductions can cause problems like stated above

Comment

When you fitted everything did you put the MAF back on the right way mate? When I fitted my CDTi box I had the exact same issue you are describing and it's because I had the MAF pointing the opposite way from the turbo like a right plonker!!
                  sigpic
                  Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                  Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Mass Air Flow meter

Comment

hi red ice, yeh i did not touch that part, its just seems really wired that like i fitted it, and it felt a lot quicker and then after a day its like lost its power and popping like more than normal and as if the turbo is not spinning up, keeps like spluttering. i dunno what to do now because im gonna swop the old one back see if that makes a difference, if it does make a difference then does that mean that i cant have a different air filter?

Comment

Eh, Dont get last bit most be still asleep. Id just stay away from inductions kits and oil filters.

Comment

how much oil was on the filter when you fitted it?

corsa arctic edition #257
                          now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

none i dont think, when u say oil on the filter what you mean the induction kit?

Comment

Yeah on filters like KnN they come pre oiled, To help keep the dirt from entering the engine, But can mess the MAF up on these cars. Thats why you here people saying dont use pre oiled ones or stick to the OE paper filter.

Look at cleaning kits you can but to for filters normally comes with oil, to oil filter after cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                              X