This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed Please!

Okk.. i want a astra vxr, but my dad is against finance, so thats out the window lol, i could get a personal loan, but as an apprentice well im few months off being a fully qual'd spark, i dont get the best wage packet in the world lol. so i tried to see if my bank would accept me but they said no... and i dont want to go with any loan companies... any ideas...

I am an apprentice but managed to save enough and get a smaller loan to buy the vxr. I would say wait until your qualified and see how much you earn and your bank will probably accept you for a loan as well. Alternatively don't rush and just save for a year, insurance will be cheaper as well. I also agree with your dad, I didn't fancy finance.
    sigpic
    Arden Astra VXR/19" Dotz Alloys/Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by JBridget9 View Post
      I am an apprentice but managed to save enough and get a smaller loan to buy the vxr. I would say wait until your qualified and see how much you earn and your bank will probably accept you for a loan as well. Alternatively don't rush and just save for a year, insurance will be cheaper as well. I also agree with your dad, I didn't fancy finance.
      well i've only got £1500 saved up so far lol, ill probs get around 2k for my car even tho i wud want more, myt just go to my bank and see what they cud offer.. :/

Comment

Honestly unless your parents can not lend it you I would contiue to save for a while till your fully qualified. Then you fiances will be better then maybe you be able to work something out.
        Last edited by beefycol; 18 June 2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

nt sure if i wna keep my golf much longer cos i think more and more problems are happening... so if i was to keep it, i'd have to dip into the savings to keep it maintained, so its a hard one really :/

Comment

Originally posted by Edwardioo View Post
            well i've only got £1500 saved up so far lol, ill probs get around 2k for my car even tho i wud want more, myt just go to my bank and see what they cud offer.. :/
            I take it you know what your insurance is going to be as well? Why do you only want a loan with your bank? I have one with sainsburys and its fine, although your bank are probably most likely to give you one. Still thoug I would wait a bit although I know this is hard when you have made up your mind what you want.
            sigpic

Comment

I take it you know what your insurance is going to be as well? Why do you only want a loan with your bank? I have one with sainsburys and its fine, although your bank are probably most likely to give you one. Still thoug I would wait a bit although I know this is hard when you have made up your mind what you want.
              selling the car will cover the cost of insurance lol.. i mite try a quote with sainsburys then see what they have to offer..

Comment

If your only a few months off thats good news im sure your golf will last another 6 months if you look after it. Like JBriget9 says insurance as well, not just that, its the fuel, tax, decent tyres too.

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                  If your only a few months off thats good news im sure your golf will last another 6 months if you look after it. Like JBriget9 says insurance as well, not just that, its the fuel, tax, decent tyres too.
                  Yeah you definately have to take this into account. I have/had to have mot, major service, tax, front brakes and 3 tyres all in a couple of months and its very hard to pay for when you have loan repayments as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmm :/...

Comment

Yeah you definately have to take this into account. I have/had to have mot, major service, tax, front brakes and 3 tyres all in a couple of months and its very hard to pay for when you have loan repayments as well.
                      You wanna try havin a mortgage and everythin that comes with it. Trust me enjoy the car while you still live with parents cos you wont be able to afford it when you move out in the current enviroment with the price of everthing at the moment!!

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
                        You wanna try havin a mortgage and everythin that comes with it. Trust me enjoy the car while you still live with parents cos you wont be able to afford it when you move out in the current enviroment with the price of everthing at the moment!!
                        This is also true. That's why I have got one now. I know it probably seems like lots of us are trying to oh you but we are.not lol vxrs are amazing and you will love it just make sure you can afford it that way you won't have the disappointment of having to sell it if you can't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep money can be tight

Comment

in the past i have had loans or finance cant see the difference as long as the APR is good

Comment

I wouldnt waste anymore time tbh...you have no money and cannot get a loan so what is the point in looking at vxr's

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X