This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pics when a bike comes into contact with the burg

well its almost sunk in now that the burg has been damaged. happened on monday night as i was leavin work.

some1 from work on there motorbike was in the left hand lane for the roundabout i was in the right i started pullin into the roundabout next thing BANG i think to myself what the F*** was that i know he always goes left and i go right. i slam on get out to find him pinned under the bike on the floor first thing went through my head was s*** hes dead. got him up and he couldnt say sorry enough he knows how much the car means 2 me i was just conserned for him then when i knew he was ok he pointed out look at the car. i was gutted the day after comin back from PV aswell.

works dnt really describe it so here we are pic from the following morning.

lets just say my balancin is off a bit lol.
    well if yr gunna do it do it prop didnt miss a panel. just gotta wait now for all the hastle of repairs. gotta take it for the inspection 2mo afternoon and wait for the repair date.
    ive already moved garages 3 time was going the 60mile trip to drive vauxhall in weston but they phoned 2 say they didnt want the work cause it was 2 far for them 2 collect the car. then insurance arranged for some garage dwn cardiff docks. advatages of google earth the place is a s*** hole and looks well safe with gipsee site 100yds dwn the road and scrappy next door and the quote from there site yr cars are keep in a secure compound. did street view and theres a big whole in the fence so now its off to fordthorne cardiff. ill keep updated with the costs had a cash quote of £1100 + that was with the alloy being repaired but i want a new 1 as look closer to see the spoke has bent.

What a nightmare mate sorry to see that , done well with you're homework on the garages though . Hope you get it sorted and quicky, keep us posted
    sigpic
    Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

Ouch!!!! Hope ya get it fixed soon buddy

Comment

id want a new wheel on that too if i was you, i had the full side of mine done as it was similar damage when i got mine
        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

I know the vauxhall you're on about, test drove a VXR there before
          First gypsy site I've ever seen lol

Hope it doesn't take too long to get fixed

Comment

thats looks nasty , glad everyones ok now thats out of the way did he give a reason why he drove into you as you said he normaly turns left , as for the price tbh i`de say thats a little on the cheap side ,
            i know you probably know this and already going to do this but make sure the job they do is perfect , check paintwork ect for exact match even if this means taking your own light source and ask the to takes measurements of paint thickness whilst your there for and compare it with other side of car , and yes a new wheel is needed as theres no way of knowing if the wheel has fractures inside which could in time become dangerous ,

Comment

ps,,,,the wheels look rank and need cleaning lol

Comment

No the gypsy site was by the 2nd garage they arranged the weston vauxhall looked good never mind see what fordthorne are like now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                  thats looks nasty , glad everyones ok now thats out of the way did he give a reason why he drove into you as you said he normaly turns left , as for the price tbh i`de say thats a little on the cheap side ,
                  i know you probably know this and already going to do this but make sure the job they do is perfect , check paintwork ect for exact match even if this means taking your own light source and ask the to takes measurements of paint thickness whilst your there for and compare it with other side of car , and yes a new wheel is needed as theres no way of knowing if the wheel has fractures inside which could in time become dangerous ,
                  Ah yes ill def be checkin it perfect before signin anything off. His back end kick out so turn up right to correct it and it gripped and drove into me happened all so quick shame cant be the same for the repairs.

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                  ps,,,,the wheels look rank and need cleaning lol
                  Ye i know tell me about it it would of prob been washed twice since its happened but ive left it so they can see 2mo plus the paint has cracked so dont wanna blast it off.

Comment

If i was you mate id of not gone through the insurance as your car will go on the cat list so will de value far more than the repair costs if im right

Comment

I wish it didnt have to be so much easier but he hasnt got the sort of money to cover repairs so insurance job. Gutted ill prob be kicked in the **** next renewal even though it wasnt my fault dwn side of insurance.

Comment

Gutted for ya
                        ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Originally posted by anders310bhp View Post
                          If i was you mate id of not gone through the insurance as your car will go on the cat list so will de value far more than the repair costs if im right
                          It would only go on the register if it was written off. There are millions of cars repaired by insurance companies that don't go on the register.

Comment

I was just going to say that.. But gsi160 beat me too it.. Hope it's sorted n looking good in no time, just think what kinda courtesy car your going to get.. A KA maybe lol
                            2nd silver astra VXR - tinted windows, piper exhaust, 2nd decat coming soon! maybe a stage 2 remap

Comment

Originally posted by Simon-VXR View Post
                              I was just going to say that.. But gsi160 beat me too it.. Hope it's sorted n looking good in no time, just think what kinda courtesy car your going to get.. A KA maybe lol
                              I bloody hope not ive been told twice i can have similar spec which i told them would be a bit hard. Told me i can pick so soon see. Gotta drive to southampton in 2 weeks so need a tidy size car. But ye i can see my choice now. Blue corsa red corsa white corsa soon see what they say 2mo now and when they give me the repair date and arrange the courtasy car.

Comment

Working...
                              X